5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Husky splash guards / mud flaps

Captain Obvious

Reaction score
Installed these today, got a heck of a deal on an Amazon Warehouse "like new" item. Box was rough but the flaps were perfect. $28!

Install was easy and I think they look pretty good - little before and after action below... The pics make them look a lot greyer than they are IRL - they appear black to the eye. They match that little flap of plastic that hangs down perfectly. I've only had the truck two days and this Iowa slush was EVERYWHERE. Hopefully this helps keep it off the truck and on the road. IMG_1366-COLLAGE.jpg

Yangster

Reaction score
Installed these today, got a heck of a deal on an Amazon Warehouse "like new" item. Box was rough but the flaps were perfect. $28!

Install was easy and I think they look pretty good - little before and after action below... The pics make them look a lot greyer than they are IRL - they appear black to the eye. They match that little flap of plastic that hangs down perfectly. I've only had the truck two days and this Iowa slush was EVERYWHERE. Hopefully this helps keep it off the truck and on the road. View attachment 82976
They look great. I went on to Amazon and it says '18-20 Rams, not 2021. Did your order say the same. I would think that they would fit the 2021s. The reason I'm asking is that I have a 2021 Ltd Longhorn on order and if I get these tomorrow, I might not be able to return them if they don't fit...

Also, did you drill and use the extra screw? If so, did you drill through the plastic wheel liner and not metal?

Last edited:

Captain Obvious

Reaction score
They look great. I went on to Amazon and it says '18-20 Rams, not 2021. Did your order say the same. I would think that they would fit the 2021s. The reason I'm asking is that I have a 2021 Ltd Longhorn on order and if I get these tomorrow, I might not be able to return them if they don't fit...

Also, did you drill and use the extra screw? If so, did you drill through the plastic wheel liner and not metal?

They said they wouldn't fit on Amazon, but with free returns, I figured it was just that the description hadn't been updated by Husky. I was correct - they fit perfectly. I did not use the extra screw, but it would just go through the plastic wheel liner, using a clip nut type thingy on the plastic behind the flap. I'll see how they go without it, I didn't want to remove the wheels to get in there with a drill.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They said they wouldn't fit on Amazon, but with free returns, I figured it was just that the description hadn't been updated by Husky. I was correct - they fit perfectly. I did not use the extra screw, but it would just go through the plastic wheel liner, using a clip nut type thingy on the plastic behind the flap. I'll see how they go without it, I didn't want to remove the wheels to get in there with a drill.
I have these installed on a truck with rear wheelhouse liners and also skipped that extra screw. I used some 3M automotive adhesive in the place of the screw but not even sure that was needed. They have had no issues so far in a MN winter and many carwashes. The flaps help a lot with road spray from snow, slush and gravel roads.

Captain Obvious

Reaction score
Here's a full side pic for those interested. I noticed there's another set on Amazon Warehouse this morning for $30 with the same description mine had - very good, damaged packaging. Great deal for anyone looking. IMG_1372.jpg

Yangster

Reaction score
Here's a full side pic for those interested. I noticed there's another set on Amazon Warehouse this morning for $30 with the same description mine had - very good, damaged packaging. Great deal for anyone looking. View attachment 83006
Just placed my order...$31.14. There's more at this price! Gotta love Amazon returns/damaged box!

U

User_34235

That is very tempting but it looks like the Weathertech mount more securely by looking at the install instructions between them and Husky. That's just how I see it though....

Captain Obvious

Reaction score
That is very tempting but it looks like the Weathertech mount more securely by looking at the install instructions between them and Husky. That's just how I see it though....
I would have gone with Weathertech normally, but at the price and free returns, and Weathertech being $100 after shipping, I figured I'd give the Huskies a go. I looked at the instructions for them, the rears mount exactly the same, with an optional screw that you can put through the liner on the Huskies. The fronts use the plastic plug/clip on the weathertechs in addition to the screw; the Huskies are molded to go over that plug, and have an optional screw. I just used the preinstalled VHB tape and they seem very secure and fine, but I have no problem putting a small screw in the wheel liner if I decide they're floppy. You do you - I'm positive the WT's are high quality as well. No Regerts!

Comparing pics of the two, it looks like the Huskies drop down a little further, which I also like. If I wasn't in snow country, the WT's lower profile would probably appeal to me.

Last edited:
U

User_34235

Captain.... great reply and I see your point. I do like that the Husky ones are lower and I to am in snow country. I think I will give the Husky ones a go.

Yangster

Reaction score
From what I've been reading, the Huskies are a little longer which provides a tad more protection.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those look nice, wish I had a set on my truck right now with all the snow and slush we have been getting.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

They will fit just fine...they are all the same.

Captain Obvious

Reaction score
Gotta get rid of those chrome lugs my friend!
Got em in my Amazon cart, just too cold here to deal with right now! My last six vehicles (five drivers in my house, ouch) have had black wheels too, so I'm getting to be pretty good at this lug nut swapping thing. lol

WReckeR

Reaction score
Great tip on the Amazon Warehouse find! $55 cheaper than WeatherTech, and if it's furkakte, then you can send it back within 30 days.

Buying mine now!

U

User_34235

Bought mine from the warehouse as well and they came in over the weekend. Time for a bath and an install.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I bought some open box husky mudflaps from Amazon for $24 and put on the rears today. I wanted to do the fronts, but my 285/50/22 tires on stock suspension won’t allow for that. I’ll have to wait on the fronts until I get my suspension lift next week.

Below is a picture with husky mudflap on left side and stock on right side.
E64CD72B-240D-4B22-B011-F4CBC7D351A5.jpeg
78F10917-7657-4BEA-A7B3-C2501E162F3F.jpeg
64BFD43F-92AC-40E3-8381-E065F70E126F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread