5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Huge decrease in MPG

btripp31

Reaction score
My last 2 tanks of gas I have noticed a 4ish MPG decrease. Does anyone have any thoughts on why?

skyhawk42

Reaction score
Mine goes down every time cold weather hits due to using the remote start and letting it idle to warm up more than usual. I don’t think it’s down 4 mpg though

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Cold weather + decrease in tire pressure. Mine dropped 5 psi with the recent cold snap. Really affects gas mileage driving with under inflated tires.

2019Raven

Reaction score
mine dropped this past week due to extremely cold temps (below zero). It went from 17/18 to 14/15. Suppose to ”warm back up” (20’s) later this week.

btripp31

Reaction score
Cold weather + decrease in tire pressure. Mine dropped 5 psi with the recent cold snap. Really affects gas mileage driving with under inflated tires.
I'll check the tires, not much I can do about the cold

397STROKER

Reaction score
Winter fuel for sure and you have to keep check those tires as the cold weather comes in and then again as the weather warms up in the spring as you will need let some air out. I will say that since the pandemic it seem like the loss in MPG in the winter seems to me to have been worse than before. It seem like I have seen a bigger drop in the last couple years at winter time. New blends?

Users who are viewing this thread