5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How's Your 2020 Build-Date DT-1500 Quality ?

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Mine was a custom order build date on the door says Dec 27th 2019

Issues...
Small rip in steering wheel
Wind noise driver side sounds like A pillar area

Although only have 1200km on it so time will tell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is the rip on the bottom of the wheel? If so...I'll bet I can tell you where it came from.

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well that didn't take long . The cynics have come out of the woodwork to display their cynicism and feel proud to do so apparently, IMO, of course !
It is my belief that some manufacturers will incorporate some changes into their products at the turn of a New Year, vice making odd-ball changes throughout the year, in order to Lessen the Burdens associated in the more haphazard way. The Burdens inherent within the Supply Chains, the Vendors (not getting pissed off) or the Assembly lines not trying to figure out "what new thing is this?" to content with . . . just a theory, but I see it coming to fruition more and more with the ever increasing complexities in Manufacturing.
I saw a Savage Geese Video Review (today) of the New 2020 Ford Explorer . . . fascinating I thought. Recently a member made the suggestion that IF I had done any other (FORD) Build & Pricing I'd learn that they too have "Problems" ! Well, I don't need to do that to Know that is True .

IF SOMEONE ADEPT AT DOWNLOADING SHOULD DOWNLOAD THAT NEW VIDEO . . . "you" would learn some interesting Parallels with our own FCA US Products. Implies a bit of what I've been wanting to do Here !

Sure I could of waited a few months to present this Thread . . . so ? By the way I also am learning that not many here seem to have a "sense of humor" . . . all these quick replies were NOT done in a "Serious Lambasting Accusatory Fashion . . . AT or TO any of the members I was KIDDING with . . . ! I'm NOT going down the same rabit-hole you folks apparently came out of, to "be negatively critical" of my honest effort to potentially LEARN something about 2020 vs 2019 BUILDS . SO, you all have a very fine nice rest of your day .

Man I’m not sure what to even say in regards to your posts. How many friggin people do you think have bought a truck that was BUILT in the last 25 days and then drove through a rain storm?

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
It is! what caused it? i've forgot about it for the most part. I think I will eventually take it in.
I'll bet someone slid in/out with a knife that has a pocket clip in their right front pocket. One of the lot guys did it to my truck during the PDI. I've had to be aware as I carry a knife with a clip and if I don't allow the seat to retract fully, I can easily make contact with the bottom of the wheel.

Smerberj

Reaction score
Water leaks into the driverside floor board of my cabin, already been to the dealer once, they said they fixed it but they were wrong. I found a service bulletin yesterday and took it to them, it requires removing the driver side fender and reapplying some epoxy sealant. The service guy said he'd ask his manager if they would approve the work. No need, I walked to the manager and told him that HE WILL do the work. Truck goes in on Monday.

C0ps

Reaction score
Before posting this thread to conclude if any changes have been improved from the 2019's, shouldnt we find out what the build dates of the 19's that are having the issue's? After all the majority could be built in 2018.

JustMe

Reaction score
Human Nature . . . wow, what a complex beast we are ! ! !
SOME of you APPARENTLY(?), just my opinion, have difficulty with READING COMPREHENSION, an Elementary School Exercise ! ! ! By 7th grade it should of been "learned & understood". And with THAT, I will take my leave of the THREAD and Block a few select Negative Vibe persons . . . you know . . . just so I don't keep reading the same ridiculousness over & over. Don't care about the Thread, I'll do my own research elsewhere on the topic for my own benefit . . . good day .

Snwjnky

Reaction score
I'll bet someone slid in/out with a knife that has a pocket clip in their right front pocket. One of the lot guys did it to my truck during the PDI. I've had to be aware as I carry a knife with a clip and if I don't allow the seat to retract fully, I can easily make contact with the bottom of the wheel.
I carry a knife and noticed I've scuffed the wheel getting out.

To the OP. I was kidding. We're all here happy to help when we can.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Human Nature . . . wow, what a complex beast we are ! ! !
SOME of you APPARENTLY(?), just my opinion, have difficulty with READING COMPREHENSION, an Elementary School Exercise ! ! ! By 7th grade it should of been "learned & understood". And with THAT, I will take my leave of the THREAD and Block a few select Negative Vibe persons . . . you know . . . just so I don't keep reading the same ridiculousness over & over. Don't care about the Thread, I'll do my own research elsewhere on the topic for my own benefit . . . good day .
I suspect you have similar experiences throughout your life. You might want to re-evaluate what you believe to be the causal component.

airgas1998

Reaction score
damn OP i'm glad you're not my next door neighbor. i guarantee i'd tell you to f off....hope you are a tough dude and can hold your own...

Mlibertini

Reaction score
Ordered a 2020 10 days ago (by my math that puts it in 2020). Still not here. Go figure. Don’t think there’s anyone who could answer your question. Not to mention no one probably wants to now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LincolnSixAlpha

Reaction score
You seem to carry a heavy chip on your shoulder, and beyond that, the extreme emphasis on various words in your writings appears as if you're trying to yell at people. Certainly negatively treating people by criticizing them, or the time they took to respond to you will get you nowhere. If you feel the need to block people, then I'd deem you as a person is cannot take criticism for your actions. There are many ways to approach a group of people, however, your way certainly seems toxic in my opinion. One thing for sure, this is not your typical group of Instagram or twitter posters. We are simply here to help one another with the sharing of information regarding this particular vehicle.

Regarding your initial query, keep in mind a few things that most manufacturers are not going to implement half-year changes in their production streams. Why? because those changes cost an extraordinary amount of money. Think about the number of meetings, decisions, and people involved with getting said changes ready to implement into a production line. Beyond that, you have to work with suppliers to implement changes in their production lines. What about costs associated with those changes? Do they get passed along to the consumer, or are they absorbed? My point is that what your asking for is simply not the norm unless it's likely some sort of dire emergency fix.

The only manufacturer that I can think of that may have done this was Volkswagen with some of their products, where they'd come out with half-year updates. They'd always name the vehicle with its year + .5, for example, 2004.5. I'm not even sure if they still practice this, however, I suspect not.

My point to all of this is that there will probably be no changes to any of the FCA vehicles during a particular run just because we roll into a new year. I am not in the manufacturing business, nor do I have any sort of insight into any manufacturing business. Just my own opinion.

I'm more than happy to provide input to anyone or share my experiences and happy to do so, you just may want to consider how you approach other people.

adaml9981

Reaction score
What the hell is the difference between a late 2019 and a 2020 build anyway? Dumb question

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know people that work at Sterling Heights (where these trucks are built). I work in a similar environment, and there are running changes being implemented all the time. But based on the tone of this thread, good luck getting any useful info.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OP:
Don’t dismiss those dates that don’t fall in the timeline you are looking for. It is possible that when a lot more data comes in, you can get a better idea of when certain things got fixed at the factory level than just knowing it was done before someone celebrated the new year in 2020.

I’d encourage as many data points as possible for ANY 2020 models!

BlitzIS

Reaction score
Just received my 2020 limited with build date 2/12/2020. No issues to report and it’s been fantastic

Jack Whitefield

Reaction score
Just received my 2020 limited with build date 2/12/2020. No issues to report and it’s been fantastic
9287039e01a057dfab28ed0ae8471e5e.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online