5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How's Your 2020 Build-Date DT-1500 Quality ?

JustMe

Reaction score
Taking YoAdrian's advice, thought I'd attempt to Condense into ONE Thread . . . ANY Quality Control Issues Your experiencing with your New 2020 Built RAM DT 1500's. Not 2019 Builds . This is to hopefully weed out any New Issues or FIXES from the 2019's .
This will be a "slow starter" as not many 2020 Builds purchased yet by new or old members, is my guess ?
For Instance . . . Have they Solved any of the Various LEAKING Issues for 2020 Builds ? Or any # of Other Quality Control Issues we've ALL come to Learn about on other Threads ? I'm "Hoping," in the long run, results will indicate a POSITIVE turn by RAM Engineers, on the Assembly lines and what's coming from the Vendors ! ? ps; haven't heard much from the Quad Cab Owners . . . is that simply due to Less #'s or something else ? I'd like to get the ball started, but I haven't bought mine YET ! THIS Thread will hopefully make that determination sooner than later, but ? ? ? Who will start this off ?

LincolnSixAlpha

Reaction score
2020 - late 2019 mfg.

No leaking issues, but then again I live in AZ, so not like it's raining every day however it rained the other day for a bit and nothing. I've been through a car wash several times, and again no leaking. No issues with the 8.4 Uconnect system, or anything else for that matter.

Bearman95

Reaction score
2020 Laramie sport, Purchased September 2019, No issues whatsoever and it has rained a lot here in Fort Worth in the last month or so. No leaks, no issues! No problems!

supercanadian

Reaction score
Mine was a custom order build date on the door says Dec 27th 2019

Issues...
Small rip in steering wheel
Wind noise driver side sounds like A pillar area

Although only have 1200km on it so time will tell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mchurch52

Reaction score
2020 Laramie Ecodiesel built in October 2019, purchased in December. No issues whatsoever in the first 1000 miles. We've had a ton of rain here in Louisiana and I've been checking religiously for leaks, so far so good.

Douglas31

Reaction score
I got my 2020 limited w/black package as a replacement for my 19 Laramie w/black package lemon. Had a water leak in drivers front a pillar within the first week and have the same slight vibration my last one had between 55-65 mph. Fortunately it has not been as severe this time and hopefully just needs a road force balance.

JustMe

Reaction score
I own a 2019-built 2020 model - no leaks
SORRY, but this is exactly what this thread is trying to AVOID . . . not interested in ANY BUILDS built in 2019, ok?
Trying to determine Here IF, yes IF RAM has made progress AS OF JANUARY 2020 toward solving any of the aforementioned ISSUES experienced with the DT 2019 year builds. Thanks.

JustMe

Reaction score
2020 - late 2019 mfg.

No leaking issues, but then again I live in AZ, so not like it's raining every day however it rained the other day for a bit and nothing. I've been through a car wash several times, and again no leaking. No issues with the 8.4 Uconnect system, or anything else for that matter.
Again this does NOT apply here

JustMe

Reaction score
2020 Laramie sport, Purchased September 2019, No issues whatsoever and it has rained a lot here in Fort Worth in the last month or so. No leaks, no issues! No problems!
and once again does not apply . . . did I not make myself clear with the wording of THIS thread ? Help me understand, so far all these responses SHOULD BELONG ON THE YoAdrian 2019 Thread, BECAUSE they were ALL Built IN 2019 .
AS I STATED AT THE START. . . this Thread will be a "SLOW STARTER" - knowing that 2020 has JUST Begun - it will pick up steam I HOPE and over the course of the YEAR we should come to realize one of 2 things -- Either RAM is succeeding or continues to flounder in the "Quality" Department . Thanks . . . I hope I'm not coming across as pissed off at anyone . . . I'm just a bit befuddled with myself, if I've not made MY Point for this thread . . . thanks

JustMe

Reaction score
Mine was a custom order build date on the door says Dec 27th 2019

Issues...
Small rip in steering wheel
Wind noise driver side sounds like A pillar area

Although only have 1200km on it so time will tell

"Close, but no cigar" - still a 2019 Build . . . sorry . . . :) oh and yes Canadians are welcome to participate ;) . You guys are in January 2020 by now right ? :D

JustMe

Reaction score
2020 Laramie Ecodiesel built in October 2019, purchased in December. No issues whatsoever in the first 1000 miles. We've had a ton of rain here in Louisiana and I've been checking religiously for leaks, so far so good.
October 2019 best I can tell is still IN 2019 . . . so NOT a 2020 BUILD . . . sorry. FRUSTRATING? yes it is, but I just checked my christie-ball and I'm seeing someone . . . yes, I'm seeing someone, a New Member who just purchased a brand new built on January 10th and bought near the factory within the past week -- apparently ORDERED in Early December, BUILT on Jan. 10th, 2020 . . . ! ! ! So THIS would apply (silly example). Now all he needs, is to Find This Thread and make a post ! ! ! :D (y) ? But Wait till you put a few miles on it and give it the "Once Over," twice !

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see where your going with this. A new calendar year is not always manufactured new year model. As I bought my ‘19 in nov of ‘18. So....... just chill out ‘20s that where bought in ‘19 are still ‘20s

JustMe

Reaction score
Well that didn't take long . The cynics have come out of the woodwork to display their cynicism and feel proud to do so apparently, IMO, of course !
It is my belief that some manufacturers will incorporate some changes into their products at the turn of a New Year, vice making odd-ball changes throughout the year, in order to Lessen the Burdens associated in the more haphazard way. The Burdens inherent within the Supply Chains, the Vendors (not getting pissed off) or the Assembly lines not trying to figure out "what new thing is this?" to content with . . . just a theory, but I see it coming to fruition more and more with the ever increasing complexities in Manufacturing.
I saw a Savage Geese Video Review (today) of the New 2020 Ford Explorer . . . fascinating I thought. Recently a member made the suggestion that IF I had done any other (FORD) Build & Pricing I'd learn that they too have "Problems" ! Well, I don't need to do that to Know that is True .

IF SOMEONE ADEPT AT DOWNLOADING SHOULD DOWNLOAD THAT NEW VIDEO . . . "you" would learn some interesting Parallels with our own FCA US Products. Implies a bit of what I've been wanting to do Here !

Sure I could of waited a few months to present this Thread . . . so ? By the way I also am learning that not many here seem to have a "sense of humor" . . . all these quick replies were NOT done in a "Serious Lambasting Accusatory Fashion . . . AT or TO any of the members I was KIDDING with . . . ! I'm NOT going down the same rabit-hole you folks apparently came out of, to "be negatively critical" of my honest effort to potentially LEARN something about 2020 vs 2019 BUILDS . SO, you all have a very fine nice rest of your day .

supercanadian

Reaction score
So you assumed that those who replied against your comments are doing it with a negative tone, but then you're confused when people made assumptions about your posts perceived tone? Just makes me smile.

I think I'll start thread for the builds that happen on a Thursday but only the second Thursday of the month, in cloudy conditions at 85% humidity, full moon, and it had to of snowed in Hawaii that day. I want some direct data on those builds :)

RiskReward

Reaction score
Well that didn't take long . The cynics have come out of the woodwork to display their cynicism and feel proud to do so apparently, IMO, of course !
It is my belief that some manufacturers will incorporate some changes into their products at the turn of a New Year, vice making odd-ball changes throughout the year, in order to Lessen the Burdens associated in the more haphazard way. The Burdens inherent within the Supply Chains, the Vendors (not getting pissed off) or the Assembly lines not trying to figure out "what new thing is this?" to content with . . . just a theory, but I see it coming to fruition more and more with the ever increasing complexities in Manufacturing.
I saw a Savage Geese Video Review (today) of the New 2020 Ford Explorer . . . fascinating I thought. Recently a member made the suggestion that IF I had done any other (FORD) Build & Pricing I'd learn that they too have "Problems" ! Well, I don't need to do that to Know that is True .

IF SOMEONE ADEPT AT DOWNLOADING SHOULD DOWNLOAD THAT NEW VIDEO . . . "you" would learn some interesting Parallels with our own FCA US Products. Implies a bit of what I've been wanting to do Here !

Sure I could of waited a few months to present this Thread . . . so ? By the way I also am learning that not many here seem to have a "sense of humor" . . . all these quick replies were NOT done in a "Serious Lambasting Accusatory Fashion . . . AT or TO any of the members I was KIDDING with . . . ! I'm NOT going down the same rabit-hole you folks apparently came out of, to "be negatively critical" of my honest effort to potentially LEARN something about 2020 vs 2019 BUILDS . SO, you all have a very fine nice rest of your day .

954f01bd655ae88fcd52b49cc39ca791.gif

Users who are viewing this thread