5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How'd I do on my order?

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks so much for all the replies. I am paying the $66,360 before rebates, plus state tax, and +500 in dealer fees.
Yeah I essentially got the Friends / Family Pricing plus rebates. You want at least that but shoot for the Employee Pricing plus Rebates.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I did lol, I'm under no obligation to take delivery of the vehicle either. Plus I didn't even put down a security deposit like so many of you guys do. Ram incentives told me I could use the incentives either at the time of order or when I got the vehicle, dependent on if I wanted to use the $1,500 bonus cash pop up or not.

You are under no obligation to take delivery. They are under no obligation to sell you the vehicle at a good price either.
You can only use the incentives at time of order if your dealer filled out the appropriate paperwork.
None of this means you can't get a great deal, You just don't have one yet.
Deposits paid with a credit card are very easy to get back even if you sign paperwork to the contrary. It all comes down to each individuals ethics.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
@ Invoice is a TERRIBLE deal!

Needs to be AT LEAST the FFP Price
Greg is 100% correct.
Why Invoice is the New MSRP

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You are under no obligation to take delivery. They are under no obligation to sell you the vehicle at a good price either.
You can only use the incentives at time of order if your dealer filled out the appropriate paperwork.
None of this means you can't get a great deal, You just don't have one yet.
Deposits paid with a credit card are very easy to get back even if you sign paperwork to the contrary. It all comes down to each individuals ethics.
Exactly

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dang, guess real deals are hard to come by right now. If I was getting less than 10% off I wouldn't even think about buying. I got 31% (2000), 30% (2007) and 18.5% (2019) off MSRP on my last three Rams.

Wsmith

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been hemming and hawing at getting a truck for over a year. Finally pulled the trigger yesterday. Now I've got that little voice in the back of my head asking if I got a good deal or not.

One thing that kind of threw a red flag was I had my sales guy build out the same truck in March and it was almost $1,000 less. I didn't pull the trigger right away and we ended up doing the same order 7 days later in April.
He claimed there was nothing he could do and the parts simply cost more once we redid the build in April. This innately sounds like BS, however I am in sales as well and the same thing happens in the industry I work in when customers wait (Prices go up as the cost of materials and production goes up) The base cost of the MSRP and the etorque ($500 instead of $200) are what drove the price up.

The price is before any rebates, and in addition to my state tax. Apparently I can't lock in any promotions now, and have to go with whatever the rebates are at the time the truck comes in.

Any advice or criticism would be welcome.

Thanks guys,
Very nice order, I see you got the best Ram option available, five additional gallons of gas. I got that as well, would have been a deal breaker without that.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very nice order, I see you got the best Ram option available, five additional gallons of gas. I got that as well, would have been a deal breaker without that.
I only got 3.8 additional gallons of Diesel, seems like they skimped out on fuel for me...NOT OK!

U

User_3336

He didn't really get "five additional gallons" of gas. That is the gas in the truck when it leaves the factory.
Not sure that was sarcasm or not.

Desert Snow

Reaction score
Hello,

This is not to brag or feel good, just to give you more information. Heck, I don’t even know if I could have negotiated a better deal!

Anyway, I was like you. I contacted 30 dealers by email the end of March and the MSRP on my 1500 Limited build was $66K and change. I was given an OTD price of $55,750 plus tax/license. That price includes a $1,250 factory rebate that is guaranteed, but could be lower if incentives at delivery are better. I was negotiating with other dealers and didn’t get around to placing my order until April 6, after the vehicle price went up about $1K. The dealer honored the $55,750 even with the price increase. So with the new pricing, I’m at 17% off MSRP for a factory order.

My dealer is Bud Clary in Auburn WA, salesman Aydin. If you want his contact info let me know.

Good luck to both of us. Hope we get our trucks soon!

Users who are viewing this thread