5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How will an Update Work?

smiles5619

Reaction score
So I have been anxiously waiting for the update to deal with a number of the issues with the 12 inch Uconnect. Am I understanding that the only way an update happens is through the dealer now? It won't be available to be done over LTE or download and install with a USB?

Also any date when the update will be released?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
If you connect your radio to your home's Wi-Fi, when an update is available, you should be able to download it via that connection. At least that's what FCA says.

smiles5619

Reaction score
If you connect your radio to your home's Wi-Fi, when an update is available, you should be able to download it via that connection. At least that's what FCA says.

Thank god! Hopefully we can get one soon! It shouldn't have taken this long.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The truck does not connect to other wifi networks... It has it's own wifi that it broadcasts for use in the truck, but it does not receive wifi from anywhere.

The truck will automatically notify you if there is an Over The Air (OTA) update. Once it notifies you of the update, you can either choose to install it immediately, or you can choose to push it off until a later time. There is no option to delay it indefinitely, as all the OTA updates are mandatory.

There hasn't been an OTA update for the 12" screen since last fall (maybe winter? can't remember).

MarvinK

Reaction score
The 10+GB update isn’t available over the air, and only available to dealers. If your experience is anything like mine or others on this forum—the dealer will brick your stereo trying to update it and uconnect will take their time delivering a replacement. The uconnect software in RAM vehicles is garbage in every way.

Users who are viewing this thread