5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to install door spearkers for 6 speaker stocks

JCLAWS1988

Reaction score
After some searching i could not find any tutorials on how to install new speakers on the basic 6 speaker package. I was debating on changing them but have never attempted replacing speakers before. Any threads on how to? Ive read the Krutchfield harnesses make it easier, buit i dont know squat about this stuff. If anyone could give a walk through or tutorial I would greatly appreciate it. Please and thank you!

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The thread below covers A LOT of ground. Tons to unpack. It’s worth it though. Take the time to read it or at least skim it. It will help you understand how to remove the doors, what your best speaker options are, the metra harness adapter (easy) and potential ANC issues.

If you have very specific questions let us know.

SacRebel

Reaction score
Definitely read the thread referenced above as there are some things you’ll want to take into consideration.

My advise, just upgrade the dash speakers for now. Honestly the improvement to the overall system afterwards is well worth the $40 investment.

Rick8325

Reaction score
I replaced all 6 speakers on my Bighorn. Got everything from Crutchfield and used the metra plugs they sent. I didn't mess with polarity just plug and play. I do not have any ANC issues. I have the non-nav 8.4 and anything other than pandora, USB, and spotify music sounds like crap to begin with. Sirius is poor quality. I noticed the biggest sound improvement in the dash speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread