5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Get the Best Price on Your New Ram

Gracieboy

Reaction score
If I get EP pricing using a control # is that the best price I can hope for or can I get additional discounts on top? Order placed on 6-11.

thanks

MBDC

Reaction score
If I get EP pricing using a control # is that the best price I can hope for or can I get additional discounts on top? Order placed on 6-11.

thanks
They can be used in conjunction.

I negotiated an out of the door price with several dealers while I was trying to attain the EP control number. Most honest dealers will not have an issue. I ended up going through Roy @ Meador for a no bs deal. It worked out for all parties as they sold my 2016 within 2 weeks of me upgrading.

Gracieboy

Reaction score

I negotiated an out of the door price with several dealers while I was trying to attain the EP control number. Most honest dealers will not have an issue. I ended up going through Roy @ Meador for a no bs deal. It worked out for all parties as they sold my 2016 within 2 weeks of me upgrading.
Got it. Thanks

U

User_3336

$1500-2250 rebates are pretty pitiful now. Even FFP and EP are not giving as big of discounts.....

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Right now the situation with dealers not getting new inventory, they aren’t willing to give you invoice or employee pricing on new stuff. They are holding out for less informed people so they can get over MSRP.

That puts us folks in a bind because they have other folks they can sucker in. Only the dealers that you have relationships with might be able to work something out with getting less than msrp.

If the dealer won’t give you invoice or employee pricing for anything less than msrp…you can put a guestimate invoice price of roughly 6% under MSRP depending on how many options are on it.

Right now it, unless you know a dealer and the managers, they are holding out new inventory for the highest possible bidders, and we just have to wait until new inventory becomes available.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie, 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

U

User_3336

Yesterday, the local RAM dealer had ALL the Ram's, and Jeep's marked up $4995 ***MARKET ADJUSTMENT***.

they had about 12 RAMS and 12 Jeeps of Varying models. they said they were not expecting anymore.

And yes, if you know the managing partner, owner, or sales manager, and have did business there before, you might get that waived.

Several manufacturer's have halted discount programs, such as X-PLAN (ford), GMPP (GM/CHEVY), and Affiliate Awards(FCA/RAM). they still CAN and still get reimbursed, but its an option for the dealer NOT to honor it.

brenan00

Reaction score
I agree, a relationship would be handy. I never bought a car from the dealership I ordered my truck from.
I did get 7 Dodge Caravans and current a Chrysler Pacifica from them and 5 of those through this fleet manager.
So he put through the affiliate pricing 2 weeks after I put the order with him and any incentives at delivery. I would not know about any of this if it was not for google finding this forum and stumbling on to the msrp thread and reading from the beginning to end every post was useful, it being probably the longest thread on the forum.
Does anybody think I could get the loyalty discount for having all the lease company fleet leases?

U

User_3336

I agree, a relationship would be handy. I never bought a car from the dealership I ordered my truck from.
I did get 7 Dodge Caravans and current a Chrysler Pacifica from them and 5 of those through this fleet manager.
So he put through the affiliate pricing 2 weeks after I put the order with him and any incentives at delivery. I would not know about any of this if it was not for google finding this forum and stumbling on to the msrp thread and reading from the beginning to end every post was useful, it being probably the longest thread on the forum.
Does anybody think I could get the loyalty discount for having all the lease company fleet leases?
Dealer would have to pull an incentive sheet and see if it appeared either under the Vin# of what you are buying or to pull your name and zip code.

Some folks received a TDM mailer with a $1000 bonus cash thru 6/30

U

User_3336

Also, semi/hi volume dealers usually have FCA coupons worth $250 each they can shell amount (if they have any left). Its like a rebate.

brenan00

Reaction score
Dealer would have to pull an incentive sheet and see if it appeared either under the Vin# of what you are buying or to pull your name and zip code.

Some folks received a TDM mailer with a $1000 bonus cash thru 6/30
Thanks, I will see what Gabe has to say.
I received one of those, I requested another brochure with a 2 to 3 month time frame this time since I probably will not be seeing the truck until August. Later

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yesterday, the local RAM dealer had ALL the Ram's, and Jeep's marked up $4995 ***MARKET ADJUSTMENT***.

they had about 12 RAMS and 12 Jeeps of Varying models. they said they were not expecting anymore.

And yes, if you know the managing partner, owner, or sales manager, and have did business there before, you might get that waived.

Several manufacturer's have halted discount programs, such as X-PLAN (ford), GMPP (GM/CHEVY), and Affiliate Awards(FCA/RAM). they still CAN and still get reimbursed, but its an option for the dealer NOT to honor it.
Wow, that's utterly insane! I'm ordering my 2022 later this morning and I'm more than happy with the pricing I'm getting that is under EP.

Yeah, those discounts aren't as high as they have been in the past, but the reasons why are legitimate. Marking up what's on the lot as high as I've seen isn't.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Posted to the MSRP thread too- what are TRX deals looking like and can you use tread lightly to get 1% below invoice on the TRXs??

wammio

Reaction score
Best way to estimate invoice price?

Also, anyone know of any dealers in the DFW area honoring Affiliate pricing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Best way to estimate invoice price?

Also, anyone know of any dealers in the DFW area honoring Affiliate pricing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My personal best guestimate here is roughly between. 5-8% off of MSRP.

Please keep in mind, it comes down to options and supply/demand . Right now, demand is high and supply is low, so a dealer can literally give you that info, bit they won't offer you that info.

There is a sucker out there that will pay MSRP + and that is what the dealer is waiting for, and would screw us. They would rather hold on to the truck and wait for someone else.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Posted to the MSRP thread too- what are TRX deals looking like and can you use tread lightly to get 1% below invoice on the TRXs??
Unless something has changed there is no Affiliate discount on the TRX. The best you can probably hope for is MRSP and I know a lot of the 2021's sitting on the lot are marked up way above it.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My build is officially in the queue and apparently could be here as early as the end of August. I guess we'll see!

Users who are viewing this thread