5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get rid of gps arrows constantly popping up in dash display?

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
how do I disable the turn arrows in the dash display constantly. If I hit the okay button after a couple seconds it just pops up again.. gotta be a way to disable that. I wanna see my mpg or speed or something not an arrow with gps miles.

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
It always shows the arrow and miles. You can hit ok and it goes away but just comes back.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 47

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty sure there is an option under navigation to turn off EVIC turn by turn display

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Use the arrows on your steering wheel to select something besides the turn-by-turn in your EVIC.

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
Pretty sure there is an option under navigation to turn off EVIC turn by turn display
I’m driving so I can’t look in display settings I’ll check when I stop. I don’t see anything in center screen settings.

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
I found it under center screen settings

*Navigation turn by turn displayed in cluster*

OFF lol. Thanks guys. Love this truck already.. omg!!

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I found it under center screen settings

*Navigation turn by turn displayed in cluster*

OFF lol. Thanks guys. Love this truck already.. omg!!
This is a software glitch with Uconnect 5. It only happens when using non-native navigation maps with the turn-by-turn staying on in the cluster. The factory navigation turn-by-turn works like it should, ie- they only pop up in the cluster when coming up to the next turn.
I have a new UC5 update I’ll be installing tomorrow, and this will be the first thing I’m going to check to see if it is addressed.

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
This is a software glitch with Uconnect 5. It only happens when using non-native navigation maps with the turn-by-turn staying on in the cluster. The factory navigation turn-by-turn works like it should, ie- they only pop up in the cluster when coming up to the next turn.
I have a new UC5 update I’ll be installing tomorrow, and this will be the first thing I’m going to check to see if it is addressed.
No it isn’t. There is an option in your settings and you turn it off and it never pops up the arrows on cluster screen again. I used my iPhone google maps for 460 miles yesterday home and it worked flawlessly. Just have to turn off the option.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No it isn’t. There is an option in your settings and you turn it off and it never pops up the arrows on cluster screen again. I used my iPhone google maps for 460 miles yesterday home and it worked flawlessly. Just have to turn off the option.
I understand that you can disable the feature completely. What I was explaining is that WHEN YOU ARE using the turn-by-turn feature, the normal behavior is that the turns are only supposed display in the cluster when approaching the next turn, NOT all the time like you were experiencing. This glitch only happens when using Apple Maps or google maps, but it behaves correctly when using the factory navigation.

Users who are viewing this thread