5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get rid of autopark

Jackpot50

Reaction score
I am betting the (admittedly annoying) rear collision system kicked in, he opened the door to see what was happening, truck threw itself into park, and then he angrily threw it into drive and mashed the gas thinking he was backing out.
yes yhat sounds right!

jljbtm

Reaction score
I'll side with Divad at this point as I have the 2019 and totally hate this feature if you call it a feature. I've had many trucks over the years and never one that would slam on the brakes as you were backing up to a trailer. For some reason I've always opened the door backing up to a trailer (its just the way I look back over my left shoulder than my right shoulder) The first time this happened I thought I hit something then it took a while to find the right button to disengage it. WTF . I think the Lawyers had to much to drink the night before this meeting to allow this to be a "safety device"
Sorry this happened to you Divad and you dont need to be humiliated here.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'll side with Divad at this point as I have the 2019 and totally hate this feature if you call it a feature. I've had many trucks over the years and never one that would slam on the brakes as you were backing up to a trailer. For some reason I've always opened the door backing up to a trailer (its just the way I look back over my left shoulder than my right shoulder) The first time this happened I thought I hit something then it took a while to find the right button to disengage it. WTF . I think the Lawyers had to much to drink the night before this meeting to allow this to be a "safety device"
Sorry this happened to you Divad and you dont need to be humiliated here.
I've always used mirrors to back up to trailers. That way you can see both sides of truck. And pretty much all the trucks have back up camera now as well.

And the people who have been run over by their own vehicle are what caused it to be a safety issue. Inconvenience a few to save a few lives

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
And the people who have been run over by their own vehicle are what caused it to be a safety issue. Inconvenience a few to save a few lives
I like to think of it as natural selection. Less mouths to feed on the planet.
If i'm sitting in my truck i'm not getting run over.
There are already weight sensors in the seats that beep if a passenger doesn't have a seat belt on, and also lights to enable airbags if it senses weight in a seat so we know the technology is there to know if we are in or out of our truck.

I feel like I almost broke my gear selector a couple of weeks ago.
I was trying to move forward and back and land my truck on an exact spot with my front tires (I have some bumps in my driveway I park my tires on to get the right angle for my truck) and I had my door open and without thinking it slammed on the breaks and shifted to park.
I then had problems giving it gas as it keptforcing itself into neutral.

I ended up putting it in drive and keeping my hand on the circle shifter so it couldn't shift into park.

It REALLY did not like that. I have a huge shifter knob with a bunch of grip and I was able to prevent it from actually going back and a bunch of beeps and lights on my dash lit up.
It stayed in drive though so I showed it.

Odd because if you forget to put it into park and shut off the truck the shifter doesn't move it just digitally auto-corrects.

Users who are viewing this thread