5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Disable the remote Starter before driving Off ?

HEMI Mike

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
Just bought this previously own 2019 RAM 1500, and I found out by mistake by clicking the lock door button 3 times on the Key FOB their is a remote starter! Sweet caus' the dealer had no mention of it on the spec sheet.
Once activated, how do I disable it to drive off? I've tried a few combinations, holding the push start button and then press the brake to engage Drive but it's shutting down the truck.
What's the combination to keep the engine running while putting it in Drive?
Anyone?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If it was a factory thing, the proper way to do it is as follows:
Put your foot on the brake (first), then press - don't hold - the start button. Even though the engine is already running, this will enable you to put it in gear and drive away.

But as mentioned above, this sounds like some kind of aftermarket mod thing. That said, I haven't heard of an aftermarket remote start that works on a factory fob.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Put your foot on the brake (first), then press - don't hold - the start button. Even though the engine is already running, this will enable you to put it in gear and drive away.

But as mentioned above, this sounds like some kind of aftermarket mod thing. That said, I haven't heard of an aftermarket remote start that works on a factory fob.
On my truck you just hit the button if it was remote started. Only need to touch the break pedal if the trucks engine is off.

I have heard of remote starts working on an oem fob but they are rare. I can't think of the brand, but it watches the signal and if you do the right amount of commands of that signal it starts.

Edit: this is one that works with 3x lock inputs CompuStar CSRSFACT Remote Start Package for Most Factory Keyless Entry
The CompuStar CSRSFACT package allows you to remote start your vehicle using your factory keyless entry key fob by simply pressing the "lock" button 3 times.

fast ed

Reaction score

I have a 22 Longhorn. Once it is remotely started all I do when I get in is touch the start button. No need to step on the brake until I am ready to put in drive.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I stand corrected. My habit is to hold the brake when I press the button, but I guess it's not technically required.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
Just bought this previously own 2019 RAM 1500, and I found out by mistake by clicking the lock door button 3 times on the Key FOB their is a remote starter! Sweet caus' the dealer had no mention of it on the spec sheet.
Once activated, how do I disable it to drive off? I've tried a few combinations, holding the push start button and then press the brake to engage Drive but it's shutting down the truck.
What's the combination to keep the engine running while putting it in Drive?
Anyone?
You have an aftermarket remote start kit on the truck. Usually the takeover procedure is to only press the brake pedal (do not press the start button), and it’s ready to put into gear and drive. There will be a programmed amount of time you have to do this from the time you unlock the truck to when you have to step on the brake pedal before the engine shuts down, usually programmable between 15 seconds to 4 minutes.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I installed a cheap eBay special remote start on my old 99 Dakota that worked by hitting lock/unlock/lock on factory fob. This was back in 2001

HEMI Mike

Reaction score
On my truck you just hit the button if it was remote started. Only need to touch the break pedal if the trucks engine is off.

I have heard of remote starts working on an oem fob but they are rare. I can't think of the brand, but it watches the signal and if you do the right amount of commands of that signal it starts.

Edit: this is one that works with 3x lock inputs CompuStar CSRSFACT Remote Start Package for Most Factory Keyless Entry
The CompuStar CSRSFACT package allows you to remote start your vehicle using your factory keyless entry key fob by simply pressing the "lock" button 3 times.
Thanks for the LEAD!
I guess I need to find the Module underneath the dash and see which one is it to find the manual and figure out the Takeover but if it's the one you sugessted I found it.

1701210180126.png

I think I might wait too long before hitting the brake pedal. it need to be done within 45 seconds from unlocking the doors!!! By the time it's unlock, loading the kids and the bags, 5 minutes has gone for sure! After that long when you hit the brake pedal the engine shutdown!

Thank you for all the help guys!
Such a great forum.
Cheers
Mike

Last edited:

HEMI Mike

Reaction score
Well.... Tried many new things but still does not keep the engine running. I've also looked and try to find the communicaiton module for this ''unknown starter'' but nothing underneat the dash, or the engine bay...weird

Users who are viewing this thread