5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to disable horn on cold start

Mactionj74

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2020 Ram 1500. How do you disable the double beep when using the cold start feature?

Thanks!

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't care for all the horn tooting on door locking or unlocking and I have mine turned off.
As far as the friendly toot that doesn't bother me.
HOWEVER, when my girls were young and boys were calling the girls had been forewarned that they would NOT be going
to answer any horn tooting, only ONE person would respond to those and that would be me, and at the time it was a 250# former Marine
that walked out with a 12 guage and asked if there legs were broke or were they just being rude little bastards.
Out of 5 girls it only had to happen twice 🤬
(y)(y) I'm with you 100%.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol, this is the most cranky-old-man thread I've ever seen! It's quite entertaining to read.
"All those young whippersnappers tooting their horns...get off my lawn!"
Yeah, we are fairly entertaining, aren't we? When one is on the downhill side of life, one realizes there is not enough time or energy left to put up with people's nonsense. No longer giving a sh!t is very liberating ;-)

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone else have this problem.... I want to keep the horn honk on second press of the lock but disable the honk on remote start. Can't seem to get that to happen. If I disable honk on remote start it won't honk on second press of lock even thought little button in the setting is checked.

Users who are viewing this thread