5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to disable air suspension auto adjust

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to disable the air suspension auto adjusting at the different miles per hour speeds. I'm pulling my travel trailer from beach to beach this summer and when I picked it up this morning it set up best in off road one setting everything was nice and level no squat look good. However once I got up around 30 miles per hour the auto leveling in the air suspension kicked in and brought it back down to the normal mode. Does anyone know if it's possible to set a suspension height on the toggle switch and then disengage so it stays at that suspension height permanently until you reactivate it again. It actually pulled quite nicely but jumping from beach to beach and short trips I'd rather keep it in OR1

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Set it in OR1, turn off the truck, pull the fuse for air ride (you'll have to look it up, I only know the fuse layout for the 4th gen) and then start the truck again. It'll throw a code at you like "service air ride" but it's a harmless and legit hack. Enjoy.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can disable that through the APPS on the touch screen.
He wants to keep it in OR1, not disable Aero Mode. OR1 has a speed limitation of 40mph. The only way to do it is pull the fuse or start shopping for a coil conversion kit. Ram/FCA will never unrestrict specific ride heights at certain speeds... that's got high price litigation written all over it.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe one day the guys at Zautomotive will figure out how to disable the speed limits for air ride.

SacRebel

Reaction score
Please be aware in off-road mode the suspension is a lot stiffer, so if you lock it into that mode your everyday driving will be less than ideal.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Please be aware in off-road mode the suspension is a lot stiffer, so if you lock it into that mode your everyday driving will be less than ideal.
Yes, Thanks, but this is just for short 20-50 mile drives when towing travel trailer from one beach to the next. It actually levels truck out better for towing.

Was wondering if Jack Mode would disable any changes and just leave it in the last set mode. i.e. set it to OR1 and then select Jack Mode in the App settings screen on the 12" and it would stay in OR1. Wishing that would be how it would work, but not counting on it.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, Thanks, but this is just for short 20-50 mile drives when towing travel trailer from one beach to the next. It actually levels truck out better for towing.

Was wondering if Jack Mode would disable any changes and just leave it in the last set mode. i.e. set it to OR1 and then select Jack Mode in the App settings screen on the 12" and it would stay in OR1. Wishing that would be how it would work, but not counting on it.
Pull the fuse or rip out the air ride... sadly, the only two options for now.

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
Optimum wheel alignment is set up for NORMAL mode. That's why OR1, OR2, and ENTRY/EXIT modes are temporary and have speed restrictions.
I'm guessing AERO mode doesn't affect alighment to the extent OR1, OR2, and ENTRY/EXIT modes do.

From the FSM:
NOTE:
All air suspension equipped vehicles are to be aligned in the Normal Ride Height (NRH) setting. All non-air suspension equipped vehicles are to be aligned at curb height (Refer to 02 - Front Suspension/Wheel Alignment - Standard Procedure).

Steve

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Optimum wheel alignment is set up for NORMAL mode. That's why OR1, OR2, and ENTRY/EXIT modes are temporary and have speed restrictions.
I'm guessing AERO mode doesn't affect alighment to the extent OR1, OR2, and ENTRY/EXIT modes do.

From the FSM:
NOTE:
All air suspension equipped vehicles are to be aligned in the Normal Ride Height (NRH) setting. All non-air suspension equipped vehicles are to be aligned at curb height (Refer to 02 - Front Suspension/Wheel Alignment - Standard Procedure).

Steve

What Steve said, it's a great system if you don't want any freedom to adjust it.

RAMRoamer

Reaction score
Set it in OR1, turn off the truck, pull the fuse for air ride (you'll have to look it up, I only know the fuse layout for the 4th gen) and then start the truck again. It'll throw a code at you like "service air ride" but it's a harmless and legit hack. Enjoy.

There are a few fuses that have to do with air suspension in the manual. Do you know which one needs to be pulled?

F05 Compressor for Air Suspension
F50 Air Suspension Control Module
F87 Air Suspension / Trailer Tow / Steering Column Control Module (I assume NOT this one lol)

Users who are viewing this thread