5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to delete the active air dam?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Excuse my stupidity but dont want to break anything. Picture of plug going to motor is attached. Do I push , pull pry the white tab??
Should pop out. Might need to use a flat blade.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Excuse my stupidity but dont want to break anything. Picture of plug going to motor is attached. Do I push , pull pry the white tab??
Hard to tell from the picture. Looks like one of those you shove a flat head in and pull out, then remove the plug.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Can you provide the trouble code you're getting? My understanding is that the AAD and Active Grille Shutters share the same trouble code. Are you sure you don't have an issue with your AGS?

wswram1500

Reaction score
dealer told me it was the active air dam. I was there picking it up after it needed a new 1200.00 computer module to get the key fob to be recognized. That is fixed but then he said its throwing this code. Told him I did not have a CEL prior to truck stopping because of key fob module issue.. Told him to reset codes and give it back.
I blame myself, bought used from rental place.

wswram1500

Reaction score
Excuse my stupidity but don't want to break anything. Picture of plug going to motor is attached. Do I push , pull pry the white tab??
Well this is how this ended. Took truck back from dealer with check engine light on. Again, this is right after i paid 1200 for some computer module to get it to start. Now before I took it they said ' Now you are getting a CED pointing at the Active air dam' . I told them this was not an issue until they got their hands on it. So told them to reset the CED light and I will take my truck. Light came back on, took to a small family owned shop here in Cape Coral and low and behold, the fuse for the AAD was missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bamabuggy1956

Reaction score
My 2019 threw a check engine code and light. Dealer says module motor bad on air dam. Dont care if it goes down when I reach 35mph. Just want light on dash gone. Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread