5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to activate newly installed 115v outlets?

Ohmario80

Reaction score
I just installed two new OEM 115v AC outlets to the fwd and aft areas on my center console. The wire harness was there for both but I'm not sure how to get power to it now. I searched on my alphaobd app and couldn't figure it out. The sales code is JKV. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Ohmario80

Reaction score
Did you already have a 115V outlet that worked? If not, you may just having the wiring harnesses but not all the components -- notably the inverter which is up behind the radio in the dash.
I did not. They were "deleted" per the build sheet. I'm assuming that means I need to add that as well. Wish there was a way to tell for sure without tearing the dash apart.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I did not. They were "deleted" per the build sheet. I'm assuming that means I need to add that as well. Wish there was a way to tell for sure without tearing the dash apart.
You will need the inverter or there is no way to get 120VAC power to the plugs.

Ohmario80

Reaction score
You will need the inverter or there is no way to get 120VAC power to the plugs.
Makes sense. Sucks I can't verify if it's there without tearing the dash apart. But I was able to enable it on alphaobd and they don't work so that's as good of verification I can get. Thank you for your help.

brental1

Reaction score
In the process of swapping Laramie seats into my 2022 BH with Level 1 Equipment Group, I discovered that the wiring for the 115V Inverter is present in the donor IP wire harness. So, of course, I had to swap it in too! Harness is in pic. I've discovered that the 3 connectors still in Tesa tape are Module-Inverter C1, Module-Inverter C2 and Switch-Inverter. One spliced branch of the PK/YL wire went to a 20 pin, square, black connector (second pic). I can not find the matching connector in my truck. From where this wire came off the harness, the connector should be in the steering column area. Am I missing a component in my truck that is required for the inverter to work? Or, can I just ignore this branch of the PK/YL? Thanks, Brent

Attachments

• 115V Inverter Harness.jpg
    115V Inverter Harness.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 27
  • Black20.jpg
    Black20.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 27

rwo978

Reaction score
I installed a used inverter and the 2 used plugs last summer. This would be the inverter mounted in the dash and the 2 plugs in the console, not in the RamBox.

They have to be activated either at the dealership or with AlfaOBD. I just got the AlfaOBD setup for my birthday and was able to get the brake controller and fog light dropout switched, but I wasn't able to figure out the settings for this.

I scoured the various AlfaOBD posts and searched, but can't find what needs to be switched to get this turned on. Can anyone help?

Users who are viewing this thread