5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How quiet is your truck in and out?

66Fuelie

Reaction score
Mine is a 21 Limited, I rate mine as OK. I do not have any rattles or squeaks, it just seems like I hear a lot of road noise. Possibly the Goodyear tires that came on it. I would say it isn't any quieter than my 19 LTZ Silverado.
Tom

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Eh, I've been in more quiet vehicles. My 4th gen Tradesman was more quiet for comparison

The rear cab vents in the 5th gen make an awful racket in my experience. They flip open and closed or flutter over the slightest bump and create a rumble/popping noise that is amplified by the hollow space behind the back seat. My wife says I'm on the spectrum and should wear a helmet but whatever.

At wits end and several failed attempts to reduce noise and not block the vents, I finally put some sound deadening on the cover that goes behind the seat (which is basically a thin piece of cardboard), and added some foam. I wish I had done this sooner, 100% better and perfect air flow through the vents IMG_20210921_163218.jpg

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It was very weird and has stuck with me for a couple days. I need one of those dream interpreters to tell me what it means. My guess is that I should not trade-in the RAM, lol
As a non licensed dream interpreter, my diagnosis is that it wasn't actually a Volvo, but was in fact your mother-in-law voicing her opinion about how you're not treating her daughter right.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
As a non licensed dream interpreter, my diagnosis is that it wasn't actually a Volvo, but was in fact your mother-in-law voicing her opinion about how you're not treating her daughter right.
Well, you hit the nail on the head with my mother-in-law‘s disappointment of me.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I’m on Toyo MTs and have a carven muffler with no resonators and the truck is still super quiet. You hardly hear road noise or wind noise, only the low hum of the exhaust and tires. I feel like my truck is a lot quieter than my wife’s stock 2020 accord in terms of actual road and wind noise. I plan on sound “proofing” the cab too with sound deadener, closed cell foam, and mass loaded vinyl on the floor and back wall. Not because it needs it, just because for some reason I have the itch to make it library quiet inside lol

Jackpot50

Reaction score
2021 Bighorn 1500 crew cab quietest thing I ever owned.
Added AVS in the channel front and back, a little wind nose from back doors.
Still like visors

jastevenson

Reaction score
The Ram is quiet, but I found my last-gen F150 to be a bit quieter.

I noticed that on my F150 it was actually a bit hard to close the doors since they almost formed a vacuum. Once I got used to it, I appreciated how the semi-vacuum they created made the vehicle almost completely silent.

Additionally, the Hemi is louder than the EcoBoost (it's a much bigger engine). Some like the engine roar, some don't, but the Hemi is definitely louder.

Yangster

Reaction score
21 Ltd Longhorn. Quieter than my 19 Lexus 450H or 17 Lexus ES350.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
quiet! quietest interior of anything i ever owned...and that's a LOT of vehicles in 63 years. 19 Limited.

Bits4brains

Reaction score
I had a dream I was sleeping and when I woke up I was still asleep 🙃 My 2019 is the quietest most comfortable truck I have owned! I get an occasional pop from the panoramic roof but other than that it's as quiet as a mime.

GM26J

Reaction score
very quiet. As good as several Land Rover LR3's I had and those were the quietest vehicles I ever owned.

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Reaction score
It was very quiet in the beginning... but I'm one of "those guys" that lives for underpasses and tunnels. 😈

Honestly, though, even with the muffler delete the interior is pretty quiet when cruising. Just a soothing low rumble with normal acceleration and the windows up.

fudpucker

Reaction score
Like the topic says, how quiet is your truck inside and out? I have a 2020 F-150 that squeaks, rattles and pops all over from the rear springs and the cheap plastic in the center , console, sliding rear window, and other areas. A truck is supposed to be a truck and comes with some noise, but it drives my OCD nuts so I am looking at possibly replacing it with a '21 Ram.
I've got a 2014 Chrysler 300C and a 2019 Ram. The Ram is quitter.....especially over cracks in the roadway. Don't get me wrong, the 300 is quite but the Ram is quieter.

Users who are viewing this thread