5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much to repaint Ram?

Discraftpro

Reaction score
As most of you know, trucks are in low supply. I was looking for a Ram in the smoked out (Granite?) Night edition with four wheel drive. Not to be found in my neck of the woods with the split tail gate. I settled on a white night edition limited because it was the closest that I could get. I will be looking at possibly painting the truck in the next year or so. I was wondering if anyone had repainted their Rams and could just share ballpark numbers. Once I get a quote here, I will share that as well.

Shane

GonzoNerd

Reaction score
For a total color change from a reputable place I would think $2500 to $3000, but that might be on the low range these days.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
For a total color change from a reputable place I would think $2500 to $3000, but that might be on the low range these days.
I'd say more like $5000-7000 if you want it done right.

I'd go with a good quality wrap anyway... Satin finish granite color... It'll look amazing..

Last edited:

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
A full repaint? Done right, you are looking at at least $5,000 for a quality OEM style paint job, which includes removing trim and seals. Likely not including door jams or engine bay, that would be a lot more. It will also likely hurt resale value that you changed the color with a new paint job.

You may want to consider a quality wrap instead. When done correctly, can look like a new paint job and protects the real paint under it for when you want to trade or resell it. Wrap of that level is around $2,000 and higher depending on the shop.

zralph1

Reaction score
Have you considered wrapping it? It’s not cheap, but I’d imagine it’d be roughly half of a good paint job, and should last quite a long time if you get it done by a reputable shop. And also the colour/finish options are pretty much endless.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
You won't qualify for the stormtrooper (aka panda) club if you change the color. :ROFLMAO:

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For full repaint at least 5-7K. I personally would not do it, factory paint is almost always better then a repaint.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just for comparison, I had a 2017 Mustang GT that had a paint defect. Ford authorized a repaint of the car and the dealership that did the work, took the car completely apart. They did do the door jambs also. All windows were removed form the car, all trim and the bumper covers. The cost to do this was almost $8000. You might get a Maaco paint job for $2500, but expect to pay a lot more if you want a quality job.

KRField

Reaction score
Just FYI in I was quoted 6,800-8000 to repaint a 4th Gen and that was factory color, that was not jams or engine bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Have you considered just trading it in for the color you want in a year or two ? You could order exactly what you want and it might end up being cheaper than a quality repaint . Just a thought .

Users who are viewing this thread