5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much are you paying for oil change+tire rotation?

jastevenson

Reaction score
Took my Ram in for an oil change plus tire rotation last week and cost is around $150 after taxes and fees. Seems steep! How much are you paying?

Thanks!

Wgm6689

Reaction score
wow that's way too much. Pretty much every dealer around here has a coupon you can print off for like $19.99 oil changes and $30 or so full synthetic. Pretty sure I've seen one that was $59.99 for oil change and tire rotation together.

Last edited:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I need the exercise so I do all that myself. The price you paid does seem kind of high though. Most tire shops will do rotations for next to nothing, and some are even free if you buy tires from them. Maybe not applicable on a new truck but you'll need tires eventually. I can buy the PUP and filter for under $50. Plus I know it's done right, and not by someone who is trying to do the job as quickly as they can to get the next vehicle in the bay.

66Fuelie

Reaction score
Im lucky, my shop does a nice job on oil changes. I bought the 3 pack for $215 which includes Penzoil ultra and tire rotation. They said its good at any Ram dealer.
Tom

Goldsy

Reaction score
My dealer charges $150 CAD for the full synthetic oil change, tire rotation, fluid top and "courtesy inspection". I got the package when I bought my truck that has all of those services pre paid for 6 years.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My dealer charges $150 CAD for the full synthetic oil change, tire rotation, fluid top and "courtesy inspection". I got the package when I bought my truck that has all of those services pre paid for 6 years.

Mine charges $90 for that one. ;)

Goldsy

Reaction score
Mine charges $90 for that one. ;)
I did the math on the package deal at the dealership, it works out to about $67 a pop by paying for them all ahead of time. It was a no brainer.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Get a breakdown of the bill. Would love to know what that looks like.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
The shop I use hit me for $78 on a full synthetic change.

I don't blink. I swing by and need something welded for the snow plow on my Jeep, done. No charge. Wife drives me there to get my vehicle and they see she is due for an inspection, done. No charge. Tell them my brakes feel spongey in my car. They jump on it for a quick bleed down and find one of my bleeder valves was broken off some time back. Bam. Pull the caliper, easy out the bleeder, get a new one in bench bleed it, bleed the system back. No charge. Want my own parts I bought with no markup installed? Bring it.

A good service shop is hard to find. I'll pay a bit of a premium for an oil change.

Jako

Reaction score
The shop I use hit me for $78 on a full synthetic change.

I don't blink. I swing by and need something welded for the snow plow on my Jeep, done. No charge. Wife drives me there to get my vehicle and they see she is due for an inspection, done. No charge. Tell them my brakes feel spongey in my car. They jump on it for a quick bleed down and find one of my bleeder valves was broken off some time back. Bam. Pull the caliper, easy out the bleeder, get a new one in bench bleed it, bleed the system back. No charge. Want my own parts I bought with no markup installed? Bring it.

A good service shop is hard to find. I'll pay a bit of a premium for an oil change.
Very fortunate.

jastevenson

Reaction score
Breakdown is:
7 quarts of oil at $5.75 per bottle (so around 40)
Oil filter $15
Oil change labor: $40
Tire rotation: $40
Fees: $5
Taxes: $10

Seems like a ripoff, but prefer not to do oil change myself. Maybe will take it to Jiffy Lube or an independent.

U

User_3336

Took my Ram in for an oil change plus tire rotation last week and cost is around $150 after taxes and fees. Seems steep! How much are you paying?

Thanks!
You got royally screwed! Did you feel it? LOL

Oil change coupons on dealers websites are cheap. 3 full synthetic oil changes for $100. Tire rotation 9.95.
(((((((((((TIRE ROTATION IS FREE WITH COUPON)))))))))))))))

Anything over 50-60 (without any coupons) is highway robbery and money in the dealers pockets. (and them laughing at you as you paid it and left)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread