5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many miles do you have on your Nitto Ridge Grapplers & how are they holding up???

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
-Was just wondering how many miles Nitto RG owners have put on theirs... I am pushing close to 65K on mine and I am starting to wonder if it's time to dish out the $ for a fresh set....

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
-Was just wondering how many miles Nitto RG owners have put on theirs... I am pushing close to 65K on mine and I am starting to wonder if it's time to dish out the $ for a fresh set....
That's a lot of miles for a RG...congrats!

theblakester

Reaction score
What size RGs do you have and do you have any pics of what the tread looks like on them after 65k miles??

Highertechnology

Reaction score
Ditto to above. I’m in the edge of ponying up the cash for some quality. I only need 36k out of them.

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
Wow that's getting the goodie out of them. How often did you rotate?
I just traded a truck with terra grappler's that had 40k and still looked pretty good. Maybe could of gotten 55k. I was happy enough with that to put terra graps on my new one.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Wow that's getting the goodie out of them. How often did you rotate?
I just traded a truck with terra grappler's that had 40k and still looked pretty good. Maybe could of gotten 55k. I was happy enough with that to put terra graps on my new one.
Terra's are a very old tire design (2012) with old technology. When I called Nitto, they stated the Ridge Grapplers are a FAR better tire and utilize the latest in tire tread and rubber compound technology. The Terras's are a bit cheaper, but I personally would not buy them as there are far better tires in this category today.

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
Terra's are a very old tire design (2012) with old technology. When I called Nitto, they stated the Ridge Grapplers are a FAR better tire and utilize the latest in tire tread and rubber compound technology. The Terras's are a bit cheaper, but I personally would not buy them as there are far better tires in this category today.
G2's....I didn't figure anyone could still get a gen 1 terra, so I failed to mention mine are G2's, which do have the latest and greatest compounds and a 65k tread warranty. Any tire tread warranty is about as worthless as the paper it's printed on. But I wanted to make sure the correct info is out there for the correct tires as well.
954bc12cb543e277e3cba8daa3de5925.jpg

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
G2's....I didn't figure anyone could still get a gen 1 terra, so I failed to mention mine are G2's, which do have the latest and greatest compounds and a 65k tread warranty. Any tire tread warranty is about as worthless as the paper it's printed on. But I wanted to make sure the correct info is out there for the correct tires as well.
The G2's are the old design based on my conversation with NITTO Tech Support.

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
The G2's are the old design based on my conversation with NITTO Tech Support.
Humm? The first year of publication on the bottom of that page from nitto website is 2021, so I'd think that new compound information is current. Either way, I've really liked my terra g2. I really did want to try cooper AT3 but couldn't find any in sizes I wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread