5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many miles did your new Ram come with on the odometer

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did you have to ask the dealer to do that or did they just go get it because of expected delays?
No, I didn't ask. The sales manager said that it could be anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks to get delivered. I told him I'd be pretty bummed if it was more than a few days.

Last edited:

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
10 miles by delivery, but that's including the 2 miles the salesman did driving it from their storage lot to the front of the dealership.

ALT_F13

Reaction score
Mine has 150 miles and Carfax shows two oil changes, since it was on dealer's lot for almost a year.
Many CDJR dealers reset odometer to 0 every few weeks. On RAM DT the procedure is very simple, one technical can reset the odometer of the whole parking lot within an hour. Each test drive is usually 2-3 miles, so unless you've custom ordered the truck, if you see anything less than 30 miles on the odometer, it just means it was corrected. There is nothing bad in it, it is not like shaving off 50k miles to claim "low milage truck".

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Mine has 150 miles and Carfax shows two oil changes, since it was on dealer's lot for almost a year.
Many CDJR dealers reset odometer to 0 every few weeks. On RAM DT the procedure is very simple, one technical can reset the odometer of the whole parking lot within an hour. Each test drive is usually 2-3 miles, so unless you've custom ordered the truck, if you see anything less than 30 miles on the odometer, it just means it was corrected. There is nothing bad in it, it is not like shaving off 50k miles to claim "low milage truck".
"Tampering with a car odometer means much more than a discrepancy between actual mileage and the number that’s shown on the odometer. In the United States, changing or altering an odometer reading is a federal offense, and it’s one that costs consumers over $1 billion annually.

Referred to as odometer fraud or odometer rollback, it’s something that many car dealerships and individuals selling used cars are, unfortunately, guilty of committing. In fact, there are 1.6 million cars on the road or for sale that likely have odometer rollbacks. "

79 300

Reaction score
I just checked the original paperwork. I ordered my truck (my name is on the window sticker) and it had 19 miles when we picked it up in December 2018.

tom318

Reaction score
20 on mine when I picked it up. Mine was an order as well and had my name on the window sticker which was kind of cool......though they misspelled it and every single thing I get from RAM has my name misspelled.

Bertman

Reaction score
I think it had 16 when I took it for a test drive, 20 when I was done, and 22 when I picked it up the next day after they filled it up and cleaned it.

It wasn't a popular truck, because it had been on the lot for a month so it hadn't drawn much attention.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine had 790 miles, that was my choice as shipping the truck was going to cost $2000-2500, so the dealer had an employee drive it down to me.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine had 790 miles, that was my choice as shipping the truck was going to cost $2000-2500, so the dealer had an employee drive it down to me.

Wow, that is some expensive shipping.

Mine had 20 miles on it, factory order from MD that then got shipped 1500 miles to me. My shipping bill was $1500 though and I thought even that was high at the time (due to the shortages).

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow, that is some expensive shipping.

Mine had 20 miles on it, factory order from MD that then got shipped 1500 miles to me. My shipping bill was $1500 though and I thought even that was high at the time (due to the shortages).
Yeah the lowest cost I could find was 18xx and that was not a guaranteed price. I was shocked at the cost. So when the dealer offered to drive to me at no cost, it was a no brainer, I can live some miles on it.

Users who are viewing this thread