5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long after purchase for Uconnect mobile?

xspeedy

Reaction score
I bought a new RAM, and set up an account on Mopar, plus added the truck to my SiriusXM account. The Mopar site shows me as a non-owner, says their records don’t reflect my ownership, and that if a recent purchase may take some time. I have faxed SiriusXM a copy of the bill of sale, but normally how long does it take to be able to get the mobile stuff working with the vehicle after purchase? Is there something else I need to be doing?

This seemed a lot easier with Ford Sync. I put a VIN into the app and a notification came up on the truck that I acked. I was able to have it working before I left the lot.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
I have the same issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kstatecat

Reaction score
I purchased my truck in July of 2018. When I registered with the Mopar site it also said I was a non owner. Talked to a customer service agent and they fixed so it showed I was the owner. Everything else work's correct on the website.....Except the Uconnect app didn't recognize the truck and Sirius guardian showed inactive. Talked to the Sirius guardian tech support and they said it was set up and should work. Mopar site support said same thing. Asked them why the app didn't work and they didn't know. After a couple months of going back and forth with Mopar, Uconnect and Sirius Guardian I gave up on using the phone app.
Free for the first year for something that doesn't work is very frustrating. Especially on a 45k truck....It's not "free". When the "free" year expired and I started getting Sirius guardian mailers trying to get me to purchase another year............ Lets just say I didn't have any nice words about them as they went into the trash.
Don't get me wrong. I love my truck. But they can take that Uconnect Sirius guardian crap and shove it!

xspeedy

Reaction score
I think another point of confusion is Sirius Guardian. I think the system may have transitioned from something called Uconnect Access to Sirius Guardian for getting Remote access to the vehicle. This is all far from straight forward. I will eventually get this working! Maybe.

Douglas31

Reaction score
I know on the 20‘s there is an update to fix it. I have an appt for mine today.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had mine setup and working the day after I brought my truck home and have had no issues with the app. Hopefully y’all get it worked out.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As soon as i walk out dealer after signed all the papers, i'm getting all the email from Mopar and Sirius asking to create account and all kind of stuffs which i don't remember now. Anyway after done all that, my radio and uconnect app working just fine. I think is your dealer responsibility to sent all your info to whom may needed to activate all that services.

xspeedy

Reaction score
Okay, so I did a chat with Mopar support again today. I just asked the agent what the listed owner was for my VIN. It was the business name. I don’t know what they key from to identify an owner (name, address, email...) but the agent asked if I owned the business and then tagged me as owner. That alone didn’t get this working - it simply changed my status in mopar.com from ”non-owner” to “owner”. I had to call Sirius Guardian (844-796-4827) to activate the trial Guardian service. They wanted basic info like VIN, name, email address... After the call, my Mopar account was showing Guardian as “expired”. I set up a PIN and everything with the agent so I expected it to be working. I got an email from Guardian after the call and it had a link to complete registration. It is where I set up a password and PIN (even though I provided one on the phone). This seemed to be what initialized the trial service and after a few minutes my Mopar account showed an active Guardian subscription. It was then that I was able to log out of the app on my phone, log back in and see my truck show up with options to lock doors and whatnot.

Last edited:

JDBob35a

Reaction score
Guess I got lucky for once, my salesperson got everything setup before we left with the truck. I think the Guardian / Uconnect app has limited functionality, but I do use it occasionally to start the truck when I'm on the lake and want it warmed up when we get there, also use the Send & Go once in a while but the outdated maps in the NAV is whole other thing.
My Guardian runs out this month, been getting the flyers (Every two or three days), it's saying $12.99 a month, not worth anywhere near that to me so I'll probably be letting it expire.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Mine worked (sort of) the day I picked it up. Salesguy used his laptop to sign me up and I tested the app. The app isn't very good and might work 50% of the time. I usually have to send the same command at least twice to get it to work. Very common complaint here.

Also, the "My Ram" app still shows me as owning a 2001 truck instead of a 2020. I called @RamCares, but they told me it was the dealer's fault. Dealer says it's Rams fault. So I just gave up. Very poor service with Ram for the most part.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Guess I got lucky for once, my salesperson got everything setup before we left with the truck. I think the Guardian / Uconnect app has limited functionality, but I do use it occasionally to start the truck when I'm on the lake and want it warmed up when we get there, also use the Send & Go once in a while but the outdated maps in the NAV is whole other thing.
My Guardian runs out this month, been getting the flyers (Every two or three days), it's saying $12.99 a month, not worth anywhere near that to me so I'll probably be letting it expire.
So, if you let Guardian expire does the app no longer work at all?

Users who are viewing this thread