5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How i added rear lights

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Totally planning on stealing this idea too but I was thinking of wiring them to an SPDT switch to have them work as reverse lights or on a switch when desired.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I just installed mine today. The longest part of the install was routing the wires under the truck, otherwise it was a very easy project. I ended up using a rocker switch mounted below the the steering wheel. I just have to press the button when I want the lights on and once more to turn them off when done. Night time pics to come.

20220114_165321.jpg 20220114_165344.jpg 20220114_165348.jpg

Gearjunkie340

Reaction score
Yes, I have the Vleds wired as my reverse lights. These are on a switch
So you don't think the VLEDS are good enough for back up light seen through the BU camera? I like the clean look of the VLEDS but not if they're not bright enough. Whats your incite?

2slow95vert

Reaction score
So you don't think the VLEDS are good enough for back up light seen through the BU camera? I like the clean look of the VLEDS but not if they're not bright enough. Whats your incite?
I do think the Vleds are good enough for a reverse light. I got these lights for a dif purpose, although they would be helpful if you were backing up somewhere very dark.

U

User_34235

I have the VLEDS and they are good for backing up, but you lose some of the visibility up close because of the fact that some of the light is blocked by the bumper. I am contemplating using this idea AND the VLEDS as I really like the idea of being able to see behind me when I back up. I usually dont back into a place where someone will be blinded by the light so I am really not concerned about that. Its all about me....lol

Users who are viewing this thread