5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How easy is it to remove a bed extender

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello, looking to get a bed extender and want one that fits under the factory soft cover. I think the MOPAR one will. How hard is it to remove the extender though if/ when I want to?

Yangster

Reaction score
Yep, 5 seconds. I stores up against the front bed wall and takes up 2-3 inches. I leave mine about 2 feet from the back. It keeps things like by golf clubs from sliding up!

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The brackets have slots in them at about a 20 degree angle from you so you just flip it out (after you open up your cover) and pull it off. The hardest part is opening your cover enough to flip it back to the tailgate.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think there is some confusion on the part I am talking about...I am referring to the Bed Extender vs the Bed Divider...

This thing is what I am referring to. 😂
1652450297602.png

sd2134

Reaction score
I think there is some confusion on the part I am talking about...I am referring to the Bed Extender vs the Bed Divider...

This thing is what I am referring to. 😂
View attachment 129353
As mentioned in post #4 you rotate it up and lift out, quick and easy. Plenty of YouTube videos showing assembley and use bed extenders.

Yangster

Reaction score
The RAM OEM Divider works as both an extender and divider. And the divider is more squared off vs the rounded edge.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The RAM OEM Divider works as both an extender and divider. And the divider is more squared off vs the rounded edge.
I could be wrong, but I think the particular bed extender you are talking about is only for the Rambox beds. I like that idea a lot and have looked. I cannot find it for the regular beds. Unfortunately.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As mentioned in post #4 you rotate it up and lift out, quick and easy. Plenty of YouTube videos showing assembley and use bed extenders.
Thank you, it was answered. Pretty easy for sure! I did not think of searching youtube for assembly instructions. Good idea. The post you mentioned was just to clarify for others what I was talking about.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a love/hate relationship with mine. I liked it when I had a bunch of stuff that would scurry around, like groceries or similar, because it kept everything pinned between it and the tailgate. But when I had bigger stuff to carry I was always yanking it out and storing it up against the rear window. I never got rid of it, so I guess it had more utility than aggravation, but I thought about ditching it a few times. I really liked it when I was doing things like carrying doors to job sites - with the tailgate down and the extender flipped out, the doors fit perfectly behind them and I didn't have to strap them down.

wardogz217

Reaction score
I've got a question, it looks as if you have the spray in bed liner. Were you able to put in the brackets to swivel the extender over the spray in liner, or did you have to clean out a spot for the brackets to fit more tightly to the bed rail? Thanks for your assistance.

Rick J

Reaction score
I've got a question, it looks as if you have the spray in bed liner. Were you able to put in the brackets to swivel the extender over the spray in liner, or did you have to clean out a spot for the brackets to fit more tightly to the bed rail? Thanks for your assistance.
I just mounted mine over the spray in and it works fine. 20220611_190540.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread