5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How does RAM get the 1" lift w/ the "Off Road Package"

wolf1776

Reaction score
From what I have been able to tell, the front strut assemblies are longer. Not totally sure about the rear, but there is no factory spacer. It is a true 1" extra lift
You were right! I just spoke with my Parts Mgr. and we looked up the part #'s for a regular 4x4 and one with the Off Road Package, and the springs and struts are different part numbers which means the 1" is achieved from the strut/spring. Pretty good news, I think i'll just get an additional 1" spacer/puck and that will give me an over all 2".

JBeckman

Reaction score
I'm still a bit of a newb so I apologize in advance. Only had my rig for a week now.

I purchased 2" cups to level the front. My truck does have the orp. Now as my truck sits its 3" lower in the front vs rear. So adding the cups will still give my rig a 1" rake. Other than the rare occasion of playing in the mud, it will never see any crazy off road adventures. So my question is this.
Will my ball joints come to their demise a lot sooner, or will the geometry be within specs? Although at the far end.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1.5" rake to be exact. The lying sons of bitches usually mention in the fine print that measurements are nominal and aren't true 2" lift. Usually .5" less than advertised. I haven't done a full on "Cavanaugh" investigation into it, but my Motofab spacers gave what the package said, "true 2.5" lift/level". There may be other "true" after market spacers, I just didn't find any after @DOOWORK707 found the Motofabs.

JBeckman

Reaction score
1.5" rake to be exact. The lying sons of bitches usually mention in the fine print that measurements are nominal and aren't true 2" lift. Usually .5" less than advertised. I haven't done a full on "Cavanaugh" investigation into it, but my Motofab spacers gave what the package said, "true 2.5" lift/level". There may be other "true" after market spacers, I just didn't find any after @DOOWORK707 found the Motofabs.

Thanks! Good info to know. I'm going to Write down the all the before and after #'s and see how it ends up.

Just reading through some of the suspension posts, I'm worried abt CV angle and ball joint. Still have a bunch more reading to do.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
M
Thanks! Good info to know. I'm going to Write down the all the before and after #'s and see how it ends up.

Just reading through some of the suspension posts, I'm worried abt CV angle and ball joint. Still have a bunch more reading to do.
Many people are running the Readylift 3.5" kits. For the most part, most probably won't have issue. I'd rather not change it myself, but I also hate using preload spacers more than anything. Most likely situation is that some of the front suspension will experience a little but of premature wear. I wil ln be waiting for a solid 4" kit myself.

For the moment I have the Readylift leveling kit, and my angles are darn near still perfect. I wouldn't hesitate to put another inch or so in there, although I do not have the offroad package.

JBeckman

Reaction score
M
Many people are running the Readylift 3.5" kits. For the most part, most probably won't have issue. I'd rather not change it myself, but I also hate using preload spacers more than anything. Most likely situation is that some of the front suspension will experience a little but of premature wear. I wil ln be waiting for a solid 4" kit myself.

For the moment I have the Readylift leveling kit, and my angles are darn near still perfect. I wouldn't hesitate to put another inch or so in there, although I do not have the offroad package.

I did look at the ready lift level kit as well. For me, steel trumped aluminum. And the price point as well. I went with the RC level spacers.

I'm going to read some more just for info. But when the cups come in, I'll install. If it doesnt look right, I'll remove and go a different route.

wolf1776

Reaction score
I'm still a bit of a newb so I apologize in advance. Only had my rig for a week now.

I purchased 2" cups to level the front. My truck does have the orp. Now as my truck sits its 3" lower in the front vs rear. So adding the cups will still give my rig a 1" rake. Other than the rare occasion of playing in the mud, it will never see any crazy off road adventures. So my question is this.
Will my ball joints come to their demise a lot sooner, or will the geometry be within specs? Although at the far end.
I'm looking to do the same thing. Can you post any pictures of your truck? So it now has a 3" inch lift with those spacer now, right? How's the ride quality?

JBeckman

Reaction score
I'm looking to do the same thing. Can you post any pictures of your truck? So it now has a 3" inch lift with those spacer now, right? How's the ride quality?

I dont have the RC 2" spacers in yet. Due to arrive Thursday. Will install and hopefully aligned then. I'll take several pics and measurements before and after.

meltedcheez

Reaction score
New to the forum and the truck world but would like to lift and level my Bighorn ORP. I've read it already has the 1 inch lift and am looking at the MotoFabs 3 inch front/2inch rear kit on their website.
Would this kit give me a 3 inch level lift? Your help is appreciated.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New to the forum and the truck world but would like to lift and level my Bighorn ORP. I've read it already has the 1 inch lift and am looking at the MotoFabs 3 inch front/2inch rear kit on their website.

Are you just trying to level your truck or do you want it lifted and leveled? A 2” level kit, say Readylift because I have experience with it will raise your front suspension 2” above where it is now. With just that kit, you rear will be 1” above your front.

meltedcheez

Reaction score
Are you just trying to level your truck or do you want it lifted and leveled? A 2” level kit, say Readylift because I have experience with it will raise your front suspension 2” above where it is now. With just that kit, you rear will be 1” above your front.

I am looking for a total of 3 inches of lift and leveled. I will measure tonight to see what lift is on it right now.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
guys use the search button on this forum this topic has been covered numerous times already

meltedcheez

Reaction score
guys use the search button on this forum this topic has been covered numerous times already

I did use the search button and that is why I posted a question in this thread and didn't create a new one. Most of the questions on here are regarding air suspension with the ORP. Not everyone has the Laramie or Limited. This is the closest thread that came to answering my question. If we can't ask questions than why are we here? If you would like to help and know of a thread that would be helpful, please point me in that direction. Thanks.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am looking for a total of 3 inches of lift and leveled. I will measure tonight to see what lift is on it right now.

If you just leveled the front with the before mentioned level kit, you would in theory be 3” taller than a non-off road ram up front. 1” taller in back, assuming the stock non-off road ram is not leveled.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did use the search button and that is why I posted a question in this thread and didn't create a new one. Most of the questions on here are regarding air suspension with the ORP. Not everyone has the Laramie or Limited. This is the closest thread that came to answering my question. If we can't ask questions than why are we here? If you would like to help and know of a thread that would be helpful, please point me in that direction. Thanks.
Just cuz you have a laramie or limited doesn't mean you have air suspension. Use the search button this topic has been covered numerous times as I said. I have the ORP so yes i could help and have helped as many others have also. A group of us have been here since the beginning have see repeat questions alot and dont need new threads constantly about the same thing.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score

meltedcheez

Reaction score
Just cuz you have a laramie or limited doesn't mean you have air suspension. Use the search button this topic has been covered numerous times as I said. I have the ORP so yes i could help and have helped as many others have also. A group of us have been here since the beginning have see repeat questions alot and dont need new threads constantly about the same thing.

Thank you. And yes I have already read the forums you posted links for in your reply, because I did the search you mentioned. But none of those actually discuss a specifics that were in my original question regarding the kit I referenced. Again, that is why I did not create a new thread but posted my question in a conversation about the same topic.

Edit: I know that is an issue seasoned vets on any forum have and tried to mitigate it. Thanks.

JBeckman

Reaction score

On the ORP, yes it comes with 1" f/r lift over a standard 4x4. As it sits in your driveway now, it has roughly a 2 1/4" rake.
Rear 39 1/2"
Front 37 1/4"
So if you add a 2" spacer to the rear it will be 41 1/2".
If you add a 3" spacer to the front, it will be 40 1/4".

Overall you will end up with a 1 1/4" rake. Little noticeable, but not like stock. Also consider the UCA BJ angle with that lift. I would, like many, suggest getting new UCA to help remove that angle.

Hope that helps a little.

meltedcheez

Reaction score
On the ORP, yes it comes with 1" f/r lift over a standard 4x4. As it sits in your driveway now, it has roughly a 2 1/4" rake.
Rear 39 1/2"
Front 37 1/4"
So if you add a 2" spacer to the rear it will be 41 1/2".
If you add a 3" spacer to the front, it will be 40 1/4".

Overall you will end up with a 1 1/4" rake. Little noticeable, but not like stock. Also consider the UCA BJ angle with that lift. I would, like many, suggest getting new UCA to help remove that angle.

Hope that helps a little.

Thanks for the info! Extremely helpful. I may just go with a 2 inch spacer in the front for now to mitigate any other mods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/