5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do an optioned up Laramie, Longhorn and Limited compare price wise?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
5thGenRams has used Rams build and price tool to build comparably equipped Laramie, LongHorn and Limited models to see where the pricing stacks up. The results are definitely interesting. All trucks were equipped with the 4x4 Off-road package which excluded the 22" wheel option on all models, this also excluded the black package on the Laramie but still allowed for the Sport package. All trucks were also equipped with the 5.7 Hemi with eTorque, Tow package, 3.92 axle ratios, 33 gallon tank, air suspensions 12 inch UConnect systems and block heaters.
Laramie

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie (Photo from Ramtrucks.com build and price)

Starting with a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 with the 6'4 box (Starting MSRP with destination of $48.835) we added: 4x4 off road package, 5.7 Hemi with eTorque, Tow package, 3.92 axle ratio, 33 gallon tank, air suspension, block heater, sport appearance package, level 2 equipment group, advanced safety group, bed utility group, Ivory tri coat paint, power running boards, tri fold tonneau cover, 12 inch UConnect, panoramic sunroof and front and rear rubber floor mats for an options total of $18,850 bringing the total MSRP to $66,490.

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie options total (Ramtrucks build and price)
<h3>
Limited
</h3>

2019 Ram 1500 Limited build (Ramtrucks.com build and price)[/caption]

We started with a Limited Crew Cab 4x4 with the 6'4 box (Starting MSRP of $60,930 including destination) and loaded it up with: 4x4 off road package, 5.7 Hemi with eTorque, Tow package, 3.92 axle ratio, 33 gallon tank, air suspension, block heater, Level 1 equipment group, bed utility group, Ivory tri coat paint, tri fold tonneau cover, and panoramic sunroof. Options totalled $8,845 bringing the total MSRP to $66,985 or just $495 more than the Laramie.

2019 Ram Laramie Limited options total (Ramtrucks.com build and price)

Longhorn

2019 Ram Laramie Longhorn build (Ramtrucks.com build and price)

The Longhorn was the surprise of the group to me as it technically sits below the Limited. We started with a Crew Cab 4x4 with the 6'4 bed (Starting MSRP of $56,835 with destination) and added: 4x4 off road package, 5.7 Hemi with eTorque, Tow package, 3.92 axle ratio, 33 gallon tank, air suspension, block heater, level 1 equipment group, advanced safety group, bed utility group, Ivory tri coat paint, tri fold tonneau cover and the panoramic sunroof. This brought the options total to $13,195 bringing total MSRP to $68,775 or $1,790 more than the Laramie Limited.

2019 Ram Laramie Longhorn options total (Ramtrucks.com)

While these prices may seem high, don't forget that you can option a 2018 F150 Platinum out to $68,430 before adding any factory accessories. An optioned out 2018 Sierra Denali can reach an MSRP of $68,080 before any factory accessories. Luxury trucks command big money these days but Ram Trucks appears to continue their trend of offering the best value for your money. To see the PDF files of each build, check out the original article posted on our homepage.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
very interesting. Ram has done so well with this that I can't believe anyone would even consider another truck. Heck, I am anxiously awaiting purchasing a Powerwagon and I have to say....this is very hard not to want.

D

Deleted member103

Thanks, 5thGenRams . This is quite like MY process - decision making - of; Rebel or Big Horn that is now "in the books" as a Built-Up Big Horn / Rebel wannabe ! With that goal of staying under $45,000 then seeing the base Rebel starting at $46+, well, the writing was on the wall ! So the Build-Up began as I eluded to in another thread -- 4X4 a must (after all it is to be my "RebelWannabe" ! That hade its own "required options," then I added a few "niceties" for listening pleasure and exterior looks and ended up right around $44,000 (including shipping outrage!). Just wish they offered other Clear Coat Colors; perhaps by the time I order (September-ish) they may !? Who knows maybe they may even change the 20 inch wheel required for the SPORT Package, by adding an Opt-Out to 18's by then . . .
1f644.png
. . . hey FCA, you listening ? I'd hate to think maybe they would be (unintentionally) "Prejudging" people !?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online