5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How dark are the back windows tinted to and will ceramic tint up front match close enough to the back?

Jake1050

Reaction score
Like most people I want to tint the front windows to match the back. It doesn't have to be a perfect match but I don't even know how dark the back windows are from the factory. Questions:
1. Will ceramic tint on the front windows look different from the back? And should I shoot for the same darkness as the back? What percentage is the back?
2. If I do the brow across the top of the windshield is going a little darker than the front windows going to be too noticeable?

mplaramie

Reaction score
Any good tint shop will match the factory tint. I just did ceramic tint and it looks great!

I agree, skip the brow.

Attachments

• 20240112_124822.jpg
    20240112_124822.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 49

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rear windows are around 25%

Looking different depends on the tint used.

I personally wouldn't do the lame 6", I went full windshield 50% and a 10" strip of 5%.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went 25% up front, and it's a little lighter. I also did a really high ceramic in back, but it didn't really darken much, which wasn't the purpose.

I disagree on the brow. I did 15% and love it, but I'm lame... 😄

JOzzz

Reaction score
Keep in mind the back windows while darker, are only colored glass. You’ll want to put something over them if you want heat rejection properties, a must have here in FL.

My guy did Llumar FormulaOne Pinnacle 15 on the back, 5 on the fronts and 30 on the windshield. Fronts and back are a perfect match which was important to me. Probably darker than you want but that’s what worked for me. Made black on black tolerable in FL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jmac509

Reaction score
My tint shop put 3M Ceramic 15% on the fronts. It looks like a close match but it's a little dark for me at night personally. If I could do it again I would have done 20% on the fronts. even if it wasn't a perfect match.

I agree with what the others have said, the factory windows are dyed glass and not tinted.

ocwill1

Reaction score
did 20% all around with 50% on the windshield and pano roof. back is a little darker now, but I am ok with that...

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
did 20% all around with 50% on the windshield and pano roof. back is a little darker now, but I am ok with that...
How long have you had the pano done? I've heard horror stories it retains the heat and can blow out the window. I left mine alone for that reason. When I lived in Az the couple shops wouldn't do it for this reason.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How long have you had the pano done? I've heard horror stories it retains the heat and can blow out the window. I left mine alone for that reason. When I lived in Az the couple shops wouldn't do it for this reason.
I've had mine done for over three years with 20% film. Zero issues

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
Mine is 32% on the fronts, 18% on the rears but the back still looks darker.
I'm 70% on the windshield and 18% on the Pano sunroof.

IMG_5896.JPG IMG_5899.PNG IMG_5901.PNG

Last edited:

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've heard the same and didn't do mine either. It sure gets hot in Texas though with the shade closed.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I went 25% up front, and it's a little lighter. I also did a really high ceramic in back, but it didn't really darken much, which wasn't the purpose.

I disagree on the brow. I did 15% and love it, but I'm lame... 😄
I don't like the brow because the few vehicles I've ridden in that had one, it was annoying. The cutoff was always right in my line if sight, so I was either trying to stretch up to look through it, or duck down to look under it. I wear sunglasses when I drive anyways so it doesn't really do much for the sun, IMO. I never use my fold down visors.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
The brow is subjective to driver height and seat adjustment. Pretty sure you are a few inches over 6' where I'm 5'9 so our perspectives are somewhat different.
I very seldom use my visors but would never need to if my brow was an inch lower. My tint guy talked me out of it but I wish I had stuck to my guns and gone lower.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My brow is around 6" at the mirror and closer to 10" at the edges. I'm 6'2", and use my visors whenever necessary. I also cannot drive without sunglasses. Missouri won't (or didn't last I checked) allow tint below the whatever they call it line.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've never measured mine exact, but in the middle it's even with the bottom of mirror. IL doesn't allow like many states below the As1 6" line. Rules are meant to be broken. :cool:

I have 20% over side windows and even the windows on my Leer topper. I didn't do either rear windows Cab and topper, since they have tint from factory on them.

Users who are viewing this thread