5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How bright are the 2019 Ram Lights

ET32913

Reaction score
These LEDs rival the wife’s xenon lights in her 4-series BMW. Beams are bright yet well focused so they shouldn’t distract oncoming traffic. Definitely an option well worth the money!

Mikemike

Reaction score
Drls are so good the first morning I drove my new truck to work thinking the headlights were on but when I got to work and parked I realized I drove all the way with only drls not headlights! Now I keep the switch on auto with dogs on and auto high beams and it is BRIGHT!!!!

hemirob

Reaction score
If there was a problem in the past, it's definitely been solved. The LEDs on my Laramie are amazing, best headlights I've ever had on a vehicle, hands down. My '14 Silverado had great lights, but these on the Ram are even better. As others have mentioned, the cornering lights in the fog lights are very helpful as well, as are the puddle lights under the mirrors. Excellent lighting inside & out!

The auto dim feature, in mine anyway, leaves a lot to be desired. It's easily fooled by road signs, street lights, and other things. Tried it again last night for the umteenth time, frequent false dims like usual, drives you nuts when driving. Hopefully an update could fix this. The auto dim on my Chrysler 300 was very good, so I know it's possible to work better.

I would absolutely agree with with comment about the auto dim, it is super busy on the 2 lane roads with reflective signs they dim way more frequently for no reason, and they dim going down hill alot and in N MN its not good with the deer all over the place on the county roads. I love the convenience, but I think its time to turn off the setting. We have an '18 Durango R/T with the auto dim and has never been an issue. Anyone else think that?

Jsvt3

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I h e to agree with everyone. The LEDs are awesome and if you hit the brights everyone better watch out. I had projectors and HIDs in my 15 which I was very happy with and these just blow them away.

2019Bhorn

Reaction score
I'm going to have to disagree with everyone, I have the LEDS in my truck, and my 2017 Silverado ltz with the leds was so much brighter then these. I was driving in today and was actually going ask if anyone has upgraded to a brighter led bulb. they are way brighter then my challengers HIDS, and look cleaner, but wish they were brighter...On a side not, why is it that most everyone that drives a late model grand prix always drives with there brights on, so annoying

geotex1

Reaction score
I'm going to have to disagree with everyone, I have the LEDS in my truck, and my 2017 Silverado ltz with the leds was so much brighter then these. I was driving in today and was actually going ask if anyone has upgraded to a brighter led bulb. they are way brighter then my challengers HIDS, and look cleaner, but wish they were brighter...On a side not, why is it that most everyone that drives a late model grand prix always drives with there brights on, so annoying

Interesting. The opinion of my nephew, who owns a Silvy LTZ, and I are that the RAM's LEDs illuminated field of view is superior to the Bowtie's. I live in the mountains and night doesn't mean dark up here, but means pitch black! Even my neighbor with the Tesla and BMW SUV commented how incredible the lights were when we got our Christmas trees.

Nonetheless, after going LED, these aging eyeballs will NEVER go back! I only wish the US would meet E-code zo that we all can be spared the glare and have the longer reach all the time afforded by their dynamic adjustment! Driving in Germany is one of my a places to drive!

2019Bhorn

Reaction score
My ltz was the ltz plus package, with the led lights, in projectors, maybe that is why they were so bright.. I'm sure something will come along with brighter LEDs, maybe a higher output

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are three different light systems on these trucks. Does the Bighorn come with LEDs? My Limited has the bi-leds which are amazing.

2019Bhorn

Reaction score
I have the led lights, not the Bi leds like the limteds

blownout1500

Reaction score
Big Horn the LED's are optional.

My bighorn came with the low end halogens and the lack of brightness was unsafe. Swapped to supernova LED bulbs (apparently even brighter than the stock LEDs) and problem was solved. Not an easy install but they are incredibly bright. Folks on the highway congratulate me all the time by flashing their high beams in approval. :)

2019Bhorn

Reaction score
I have heard very good things about supernova lights, I wonder if they have a brighter led for the rams with the lower of the two led headlights

The_Chemist

Reaction score
I would absolutely agree with with comment about the auto dim, it is super busy on the 2 lane roads with reflective signs they dim way more frequently for no reason, and they dim going down hill alot and in N MN its not good with the deer all over the place on the county roads. I love the convenience, but I think its time to turn off the setting. We have an '18 Durango R/T with the auto dim and has never been an issue. Anyone else think that?
Mine do the same thing. The brights dim way to frequently unnecessarily. Even a reflection when driving by someone's front yard cause then to dim. The auto-dim brights in my girlfriend's Kia Optima work flawlessly.

Another thing I hate is when THEY think it's too bright out you cannot use the brights, they won't allow you to turn them on high beam. They need go be reprogrammed.

Cuda 1

Reaction score
The only problem with these led lights is that in the winter there will be no heat to melt the ice and snow from the lenses. Hope folks use some de-icer on them.
I just drove 3 hours on the interstate in a freezing drizzle and had 45 miles left on a 2 lane highway as it turned dark and started snowing. My led lights had frozen over with a 1/4 inch of ice with no way to thaw them it took me as long to drive that 45 miles as it did the 200 before dark.

Users who are viewing this thread