5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How bright are the 2019 Ram Lights

Bwarren2

Reaction score
The biggest issue I have on my Gen 4 ram is the crappy lights. I watched a review of a 2018 Ram and the same complaint was mentioned. I have to believe the 2019 LEDS solve this problem?

CornTrucks

Reaction score
I still don’t understand the focus on bright headlights from safety ratings groups and a lot of others. My 2013 Ram with basic headlights are bright enough to see the road over a quarter mile in front of me. Or Is it just more of an issue for the 55+ crowd?

My 2016 Charger has brighter projector (name?) headlights and everyone flashes their brights at me on the highway. A lot of the newer headlights seem blindingly bright to oncoming traffic, which is not ideal from a safety or courtesy perspective.

Bwarren2

Reaction score
I still don’t understand the focus on bright headlights from safety ratings groups and a lot of others. My 2013 Ram with basic headlights are bright enough to see the road over a quarter mile in front of me. Or Is it just more of an issue for the 55+ crowd?

My 2016 Charger has brighter projector (name?) headlights and everyone flashes their brights at me on the highway. A lot of the newer headlights seem blindingly bright to oncoming traffic, which is not ideal from a safety or courtesy perspective.

I could leave my 2011 brights on and no one coming the other way would ever flash me...that's not bright at all

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I still don’t understand the focus on bright headlights from safety ratings groups and a lot of others. My 2013 Ram with basic headlights are bright enough to see the road over a quarter mile in front of me. Or Is it just more of an issue for the 55+ crowd.

Hey, I resemble that statement! Here in "deer county," seeing down the road can made the difference between venison induced bodywork and a safe commute.

The LED's on the my Laramie are better than on my wife's 2018 Audi with LEDs, and brighter then my old Gen IV Ram. The auto dim feature works great, which is nice, as the last five miles of our drive are on winding roads, and it seems a car always approaches when rounding a corner. I also like the cornering lights, which I had on my Cayenne ten years ago.

I never felt my 2012 Ram headlights were "deficient." At the time my wife had a Mini Cooper, and the old Ram was much better, even though it has the old "halogen" and the Mini had HID's. I am sure some of that was due to the headlights being higher.

Last edited:

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the quad lights on my 14 and I thought they were pretty good, coming from an F150 at that time. This time around I had to have the LEDs as I like how brilliant LEDs are. I think you’ll be very happy with the LEDs, they really light up the road. Low beams are a little low on the road for my tastes, might be because my 14 was leveled and that is what I am use to but high beams turns night into day for quite a ways.

Brady_SS

Reaction score
I'm extremely happy with the LED's on my Limited. They are much better than the projectors on my previous GMC and almost as good as the LED's on my wife's Acura.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2013 projector headlamps with halogen was unsafe. Couldn’t see with them. Had to turn the fog lights on to be able to see much at close range. I bought an hid upgrade from retro shop for that one.

My 19 limited Led lights are fantastic.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score

That's like saying, I have 300hp, why do you need 400? I think you're seeing a lot people with aftermarket lighting kits, mainly HIDs in reflectors instead of projectors scattering the light everywhere. Then if you add in a lifted bro-dozer, it's even worse.

Flot

Reaction score
The LEDs are great. I had aftermarket HIDs in my fog lights on my 2011 which made a tremendous difference and I never got flashed while driving.

No regrets about the factory (Laramie) LEDs in my 2019, I’d say they are as good as anything else I’ve ever driven and possibly the best. I’ve had the “steering” headlights on a couple of German cars and felt they were a little gimmicky for my needs, so I didn’t see the need for that on my truck.

Last edited:

Twoamen

Reaction score
Extremely happy with LED performance and illumination.. Much better than the 2014 I traded. It's wild how the fogs light up when turning left or right in parking areas.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
After driving my new Ram, I was driving my GMC and had to double-check to ensure the headlights were turned on! (They were, and so were the fogs!)

Jaysond

Reaction score
If there was a problem in the past, it's definitely been solved. The LEDs on my Laramie are amazing, best headlights I've ever had on a vehicle, hands down. My '14 Silverado had great lights, but these on the Ram are even better. As others have mentioned, the cornering lights in the fog lights are very helpful as well, as are the puddle lights under the mirrors. Excellent lighting inside & out!

The auto dim feature, in mine anyway, leaves a lot to be desired. It's easily fooled by road signs, street lights, and other things. Tried it again last night for the umteenth time, frequent false dims like usual, drives you nuts when driving. Hopefully an update could fix this. The auto dim on my Chrysler 300 was very good, so I know it's possible to work better.

Last edited:

Agitated

Reaction score
The only problem with these led lights is that in the winter there will be no heat to melt the ice and snow from the lenses. Hope folks use some de-icer on them.

farf02

2019 Rebel
Reaction score
I learned it is a mistake to hit the remote to unlock while walking up to it at night, YIKES!!!!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
LEDs on these trucks are friggin awesome!
Much better than either of my past luxury SUVs, Mercedes GL and BMW X5, both with HID headlights. Not even in the same league, RAM has them both beat by a long mile.

Users who are viewing this thread