5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Big Can I Go On My New 2019 Ram 1500 Limited 4x4?

RHRC19Limited

Reaction score
I recently acquired my 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Limited 4x4 ordered fully loaded w/ all available factory options. I love the truck, but I am wondering how big I can go on tire size w/out interfering w/ the factory air-ride system, etc. I have the factory 20" wheels, as the 22"ers were not available with the Off-Road Package.

I am sure this topic has been discussed before on the forum but I have not had time to sift through all of the posts.

I am leaning towards a set of BF Goodrich All-Terrain KO2 in 275/60/R20, which I was told would fit w/out any issues. They are barely larger than the factory Falken Wildpeak, but I like the more aggressive looking tread on the BFG's. I do not want to modify the suspension in any way. Is this as big as I can go or can I go any larger?

Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks!

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I recently acquired my 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Limited 4x4 ordered fully loaded w/ all available factory options. I love the truck, but I am wondering how big I can go on tire size w/out interfering w/ the factory air-ride system, etc. I have the factory 20" wheels, as the 22"ers were not available with the Off-Road Package.

I am sure this topic has been discussed before on the forum but I have not had time to sift through all of the posts.

I am leaning towards a set of BF Goodrich All-Terrain KO2 in 275/60/R20, which I was told would fit w/out any issues. They are barely larger than the factory Falken Wildpeak, but I like the more aggressive looking tread on the BFG's. I do not want to modify the suspension in any way. Is this as big as I can go or can I go any larger?

Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks!
33 12.50 and 305 55 20 will fit in normal mode but the sidewall will be really close to the upper control arm on the factory wheels.

bbehnke

Reaction score
Did you have to do any trimming?
Very little trimming. Just the inside fender walls. You could probably just heat up the piece to suck it up close but I thought of that after I cut a the little piece that would rub right off.

tjthomps5629

Reaction score
Very little trimming. Just the inside fender walls. You could probably just heat up the piece to suck it up close but I thought of that after I cut a the little piece that would rub right off.

Did that trimming eliminate rubbing in all levels of your air suspension? I would assume entry/exit level would rub no matter what if turning.

Also, did you have your speedometer reprogrammed for the larger size?

bbehnke

Reaction score
Did that trimming eliminate rubbing in all levels of your air suspension? I would assume entry/exit level would rub no matter what if turning.

Also, did you have your speedometer reprogrammed for the larger size?

I didn’t turn in entry exit or really in aero, when I say trim a little piece it probably is no larger than 3 fingers wide and long. This only happened at completely full lock. Which you probably do more often than you think...I never noticed I did until I put those goliaths on. Very curious to see how they handle in the Michigan winters.

Did not get the Speedo re done either. I may be doing a different rim and tire package for summer so I didn’t want to jump to anything just yet.

Savagescott

Reaction score
I didn’t turn in entry exit or really in aero, when I say trim a little piece it probably is no larger than 3 fingers wide and long. This only happened at completely full lock. Which you probably do more often than you think...I never noticed I did until I put those goliaths on. Very curious to see how they handle in the Michigan winters.

Did not get the Speedo re done either. I may be doing a different rim and tire package for summer so I didn’t want to jump to anything just yet.

Great to get more confirmation that 35s will fit . Can you post a pic here?

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
can I get a pic of the trimmed area ?

bln15

Reaction score
Have heard 35's may or may not fit. 34's no problem here Goodyear Duratrac 285/60/20. Limited with air ride, was originally going to consider leveling but probably not now.

Attachments

• IMG_20180907_072113.jpg
    IMG_20180907_072113.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 1,307
  • IMG_20181019_133003.jpg
    IMG_20181019_133003.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,332

Reelsalt

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2019 Limited with the air ride and 4x4. Looking to add 20” Rockstar IIs and the Nitto Ridge Grapplers.... biggest question is can I go with the 35s (they have an inflated height of 34.76) or will I have to drop it to the 33s which inflate to 32.76.

Trying not to do a lift until BDS or someone else comes out with a lift designed for the air ride suspension.

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just purchased a 2019 Limited with the air ride and 4x4. Looking to add 20” Rockstar IIs and the Nitto Ridge Grapplers.... biggest question is can I go with the 35s (they have an inflated height of 34.76) or will I have to drop it to the 33s which inflate to 32.76.

Trying not to do a lift until BDS or someone else comes out with a lift designed for the air ride suspension.
do you own a sawsall ?

Reelsalt

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2019 Limited with the air ride and 4x4. Looking to add 20” Rockstar IIs and the Nitto Ridge Grapplers.... biggest question is can I go with the 35s (they have an inflated height of 34.76) or will I have to drop it to the 33s which inflate to
do you own a sawsall ?

Yes. I am curious how much trimming would be necessary and still be able to use all levels of the suspension. I am assuming going hard over with the wheel at the lowest setting would be very difficult. Most important would be full range of the wheel at normal level.

Users who are viewing this thread