5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Big Can I Go On My New 2019 Ram 1500 Limited 4x4?

RiverRacerX

Reaction score
Seems simple enough. Did you have to add thick back spacers to the wheels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the 33's. I didn't want 35's. No spacers required, but the clearance is tight at the upper control arm.

Bronenosets

Reaction score

No spacers. I do have links installed, raising front by an inch and a half. BUT, even before links, folding the liner away fixes the rub situation.

Savagescott

Reaction score
No spacers. I do have links installed, raising front by an inch and a half. BUT, even before links, folding the liner away fixes the rub situation.

Can you post some pics? Trying to decide between 35s on 20” or 22“ wheels.

Bronenosets

Reaction score

Can you post some pics? Trying to decide between 35s on 20” or 22“ wheels.
truck-side.jpg truck-side.jpg truck-front.jpg leveled-truck-35-front-side.jpg truck-back.jpg rubbing-wheel-well-liner.png back-before-after-level.png front-height-before-level.png link-adjustment.png liner-zipped-out-of-the-way.png front-height-after-level.png

Savagescott

Reaction score

Wow... that’s looks great! How does it ride? What effect do the links have on the ride? What effect do the tires have?

Bronenosets

Reaction score
Wow... that’s looks great! How does it ride? What effect do the links have on the ride? What effect do the tires have?
Raising the front by 1.5" does interfere with air suspension a bit. in the Off Road 2 setting, the ride is super bouncy, and it got stuck in that setting. I had to pull the fuse to reset. Other settings are fine. Otherwise the ride is the same as factory. There is a bit more humming from these tires, at highway speeds, but just a little bit. My wife did not notice. What is noticeable is how much better the truck looks with proper tires. Stock Eagles belong on Civics, IMO. I am sure gas mileage is affected, but since it's cold here, and I am using remote start a lot, I can't really say. Truck did feel a bit sluggish with these tires. But that was compared to my 16 Rebel, which had shorter gears and smaller tires.

Savagescott

Reaction score
Raising the front by 1.5" does interfere with air suspension a bit. in the Off Road 2 setting, the ride is super bouncy, and it got stuck in that setting. I had to pull the fuse to reset. Other settings are fine. Otherwise the ride is the same as factory. There is a bit more humming from these tires, at highway speeds, but just a little bit. My wife did not notice. What is noticeable is how much better the truck looks with proper tires. Stock Eagles belong on Civics, IMO. I am sure gas mileage is affected, but since it's cold here, and I am using remote start a lot, I can't really say. Truck did feel a bit sluggish with these tires. But that was compared to my 16 Rebel, which had shorter gears and smaller tires.

So in normal mode you think she’s as smooth as factory? That’s very encouraging!

Bronenosets

Reaction score
So in normal mode you think she’s as smooth as factory? That’s very encouraging!
I really do think so. These Nittos are really good tires. They look so aggressive, and yet they don't produce any of the artifacts of the aggressive tires.

Savagescott

Reaction score
I really do think so. These Nittos are really good tires. They look so aggressive, and yet they don't produce any of the artifacts of the aggressive tires.

Great news. Others have commented that the links made the ride much worse. How did you decide on the the ridge grapplers? I’ve been looking at the terra G2s since they seem to have the reputation of being even a little more comfortable that the ridges.

Bronenosets

Reaction score
Great news. Others have commented that the links made the ride much worse. How did you decide on the the ridge grapplers? I’ve been looking at the terra G2s since they seem to have the reputation of being even a little more comfortable that the ridges.

I can see the ride getting bouncy, if you raise too much. Air bags, when inflated past factory specs will become stiff. I just wanted to level it. The rake was just too much for my taste. Initially I wanted the same tires I had on the Rebel - Toyo Open Country, which I really liked. But, Mopar deal of "buy 3 get 1 free" specifically excluded Toyo. I chose Ridge Grapplers based on how they looked, and reviews I read about them, which seem to be stellar.

Savagescott

Reaction score
I can see the ride getting bouncy, if you raise too much. Air bags, when inflated past factory specs will become stiff. I just wanted to level it. The rake was just too much for my taste. Initially I wanted the same tires I had on the Rebel - Toyo Open Country, which I really liked. But, Mopar deal of "buy 3 get 1 free" specifically excluded Toyo. I chose Ridge Grapplers based on how they looked, and reviews I read about them, which seem to be stellar.

Thank you. You’ve been very helpful. I started out wanting 22s but was concerned I couldn’t fit 35s, and anything smaller wouldn’t give me the sidewall look I wanted. But after seeing a Laramie on 35/12.5/20s in person today, I decided that was too much sidewall for my taste - a little too “off road” looking. I think my quest is over. Thank you.

Savagescott

Reaction score
Thank you. You’ve been very helpful. I started out wanting 22s but was concerned I couldn’t fit 35s, and anything smaller wouldn’t give me the sidewall look I wanted. But after seeing a Laramie on 35/12.5/20s in person today, I decided that was too much sidewall for my taste - a little too “off road” looking. I think my quest is over. Thank you.

Bronenosets - if not too much trouble, would you mind putting a tape measure on your tire and telling me what your side wall measures? Trying to to do some real-world comparisons. Thanks

Dsullivanre

Reaction score
Sure. I will measure and post later tonight.

Does anyone know what the backspacing is on the stock 20" Limited wheels? I'm looking to get the pro comp 41 Series Phasers and they have 4.5" or 5.5" backspacing. I'll be going with the Nitto Ridge Grappler 35x12.5x20

Reelsalt

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the backspacing is on the stock 20" Limited wheels? I'm looking to get the pro comp 41 Series Phasers and they have 4.5" or 5.5" backspacing. I'll be going with the Nitto Ridge Grappler 35x12.5x20

I have a 2019 limited and I got the XD ROCKSTAR 2s 20” and they have a 4.5” backspacing... I originally paired them with 35x12.5x20 Nitto grapplers and they were too big, by a half inch. I switched to 33” grapplers and they fit perfectly.

Creamsicle

Reaction score
I love the 33's. I didn't want 35's. No spacers required, but the clearance is tight at the upper control arm.

Are these the 12 ply tires comfortable? How much has the amazing factory ride deteriorated? Are the very noisy?

I ordered the same setup last night but am having cold feet about ride and noise.

Feedback appreciated!

Edit: Reading through more comments above, it appears my questions have been answered. Are these always 12 ply or are there other options? I would have thought the 12 ply carcass would make these super stiff and harsh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dillbody

Reaction score
I was wondering if you still were happy with your truck setup. Any new issues with the air suspension?

Users who are viewing this thread