5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How are your drivers lights set?

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just getting peoples opinions on their driving lights? I have my DRL turned off as it's overpowering. One of the things I don't like about my truck is that the lights are super dim during the daytime and you can't even see them unless it's either dusk or dawn.

I'm a sucker for front/rear lights as I think it just really brings out the details of vehicle, but anyways. When I was looking around at all these trucks I was impressed with the photos and even videos of it, but in real life they're just too dim.

I'm talking about the lights around the housing that run with everything. What are your guys take?

Granite5thgen

Reaction score
Yeah, they're just dim. Ram calls them accent lights and not DRLs. I was kinda bummed they're not super bright either but theres nothing you can do.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don’t know I guess I’m in the minority, I like them “dim”. While I prefer the led over the halogen and incandescent, I think it’s easy to go overboard with the leds and make them too bright. It seems there’s a race for higher and higher lumens. Some of the lights out there are so bright you can’t even look at them, it’s just a big white washout when staring at them. I think a good balance of light projection and coverage at night but not so overpowering that you cant look at them. Especially with the accent lighting and the drls. I think Ram got it right with their Led package. I’m very happy. It allows you to see and appreciate the lines and design. Just my opinion of course.

2019Bhorn

Reaction score
I think they should of made the running lights, ( not drl) as bright as the Durango, or charger..

Biscuitz23

Reaction score
I did find a kit where you can make those accent lights RGB but not sure how bright they would be. Plus I'd be too scared to try and open up the headlights to install them. Risk messing it up and having a truck with no head lights temporarily isn't ideal.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Thanks, glad I'm not the only one - completely agree here. The running lights are almost useless in anything other than sunrise/sunset and even then, the autolights can interfere with that.

I also think they can at least increase them by 30% and make them match more of a charger's light which looks like what they were inspired by.

Users who are viewing this thread