5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horn repositioning to avoid alarm disconnect

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just remove the horn wires completely.
They will never be able to yank it and might be too scared to try to break in, not knowing you don't have a horn.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They would just be guessing at where they are if you can’t see them. I also zip tied them to the V bracket. Thieves want in and out.
I guess it would be enough to foil most attempts of a acquiring a free RAM. By the method in the video, it looks to be the first thing a thief would do, so hopefully they would just get flustered and run off to the next easy target.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If Ram programmed the active grille shutters to close when the truck is turned off like my wife's car, this would be moot.
Wonder if this is something that could be enabled with a TazerDT live setting. Would have to reach out to their programmers and suggest it

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If Ram programmed the active grille shutters to close when the truck is turned off like my wife's car, this would be moot.
I emailed Z-automotive to see if the Tazer could be coded to do this

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wonder if this is something that could be enabled with a TazerDT live setting. Would have to reach out to their programmers and suggest it
Something I was thinking as well. Hopefully it would be a little more dependable than the other Tazer updates have been with UC5, definitely would be worth a try

GMetal

Reaction score
Just remove the horn wires completely.
They will never be able to yank it and might be too scared to try to break in, not knowing you don't have a horn.
why would you get rid of your horn with the road filled with distracted drivers? Also good luck passing inspection in most cities.

RebelliousGt

Reaction score
The shutters solution sounds great if it can be done. Otherwise moving the horns up worked for me.

RebelliousGt

Reaction score
That would work too! But I just moved it up so they can’t cut the wires and double think the rest of the theft process, drilled glass before the alarm goes off. Kinda wish Canadian laws were more of an American status. Here, you can’t do **** to anyone screwing with yours or your family. Best to make it difficult and hopefully they move on.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
That would work too! But I just moved it up so they can’t cut the wires and double think the rest of the theft process, drilled glass before the alarm goes off. Kinda wish Canadian laws were more of an American status. Here, you can’t do **** to anyone screwing with yours or your family. Best to make it difficult and hopefully they move on.
Can't do anything in America either.
Someone can break in your home and if you shoot them and go to jail for life in most states.
You also can't "booby trap" property.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can't do anything in America either.
Someone can break in your home and if you shoot them and go to jail for life in most states.
You also can't "booby trap" property.
I would say most states have some sort of a self defense law. Not as loose as Texas, but some form of it. Iowa has a Castle Doctrine and stand your ground. Nebraska is duty to retreat, but deadly force is allowed if you are in eminent danger or trapped and can't retreat

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I would say most states have some sort of a self defense law. Not as loose as Texas, but some form of it. Iowa has a Castle Doctrine and stand your ground. Nebraska is duty to retreat, but deadly force is allowed if you are in eminent danger or trapped and can't retreat
If you break into my house I cant shoot you unless my personal life is in danger, and I have no way to turn around and leave through any door or window.
What that means to me, is drag the body into the hallway and tell em I was in my bedroom and I couldn't fit through my windows ;-P

Can read how much my state wants every law abiding citizen to get their home invaded and killed, or go to jail here.

GMetal

Reaction score
Texas

Sec. 9.42
Deadly Force to Protect Property​

A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:

(1)​

if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41 (Protection of One’s Own Property); and

(2)​

when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A)​

to prevent the other’s imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or

(B)​

to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and

RebelliousGt

Reaction score
Texas

Sec. 9.42​

Deadly Force to Protect Property​

A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:

(1)​

if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41 (Protection of One’s Own Property); and

(2)​

when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A)​

to prevent the other’s imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or

(B)​

to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and
I definitely like the Texan way

Users who are viewing this thread