5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horn not beeping when locking with remote. Beep setting on.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On my last 2 Denalis, you could walk up to any door with the Fob in your pocket and they would unlock. The Ram is just the fronts.
I think to clarify all of the doors on a GMC/Chevy with passive entry have the button on the handle. So it's not like the rear doors are magically working they are equipped to work. I had a Chevy Equinox and even at that low level with passive had all 4 doors equipped.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am confused - why would the remote need to be touched twice to lock? Am I skipping a step? I mostly hit the lock on the door as I get out and if I have to gather things out of the truck I will either leave the door open and hit it as I come back by or close it and use the remote but it is only ever ONE click...I should be doing 2??
It locks with 1 click, but you can set it to beep the horn on first or second click, if you want verification.

23RAM

Reaction score
I am confused - why would the remote need to be touched twice to lock? Am I skipping a step? I mostly hit the lock on the door as I get out and if I have to gather things out of the truck I will either leave the door open and hit it as I come back by or close it and use the remote but it is only ever ONE click...I should be doing 2??
No one click is fine. But you can configure it to honk on two clicks, and I know people who do that and every time they get out of their vehicle, they hit the remote button two times. I asked why and they said, "it's more secure that way".
LOL

TampaLaramie

Reaction score
So when I got the truck I changed the setting in the stereo to beep after 2 clicks of the lock button. 2 days ago I noticed it doesn’t beep at all no matter how many times I push the lock button on the remote.

2023 Ram 1500 Bighorn with 12” screen.

Anyone else experience this? And before anyone asks… Yes I checked to make sure all the doors were closed fully.

Also had a check engine light on after 2800 miles but it shut off after 2 hours and never came back. Unrelated I assume. Frustrated that I had the light on but I guess it happens with these newer cars more often than older ones.
This happened to me about 2 months after purchasing new. Sat on it annoyed but careless for 8 months. Went to the dealer, it worked for about 2 more weeks. Sat on it for another 3 months or so. Went to the dealer a second time to reprogram… it’s worked fine for 3-4 months now.

6of36

Reaction score
I hate the beep...must be my old age...already went through that in the 80s when everyone got aftermarket car alarms *beep beep* and we thought we were cool :ROFLMAO: silence is golden these days
I have mine set for 2 push beep, so I don't hear it, but just in case I wonder if I forgot to lock it, and I'm not sure if I'm close enough for the fob to work, I can be sure.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
I have to say the horn beep on lock is the most annoying feature of all time. It should be deleted from all vehicles in the name of peace and quiet. Push the button on the remote and either watch the lock go down or watch the lights flash as you walk away. Try it, you will be a better person for it.

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have mine set for 2 push beep, so I don't hear it, but just in case I wonder if I forgot to lock it, and I'm not sure if I'm close enough for the fob to work, I can be sure.
I do the same thing for the same reason.
I have to say the horn beep on lock is the most annoying feature of all time. It should be deleted from all vehicles in the name of peace and quiet. Push the button on the remote and either watch the lock go down or watch the lights flash as you walk away. Try it, you will be a better person for it.
Sometimes, in a parking lot surrounded by other vehicles, you can't see the lights blink so it saves me from walking back when I question myself on whether I locked it or not.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
No one click is fine. But you can configure it to honk on two clicks, and I know people who do that and every time they get out of their vehicle, they hit the remote button two times. I asked why and they said, "it's more secure that way".
LOL
Well of course it's more secure, you double locked it! 🤪😜😆

Everyone should know, if you get in the habit of just hitting the lock button on the door as you step out you accomplish 4 things at once.
1. You don't have to dig your remote out and fumble with it.
2. You can be assured the doors are locked and don't have to stand in the middle of the parking lot beeping your truck.
3. You don't broadcast your code to thieves that do have scanners that easily defeat a "very sophisticated" rolling code.
4. The most important one. You are not the annoying guy beeping his horn.

6of36

Reaction score
Well of course it's more secure, you double locked it! 🤪😜😆

Everyone should know, if you get in the habit of just hitting the lock button on the door as you step out you accomplish 4 things at once.
1. You don't have to dig your remote out and fumble with it.
2. You can be assured the doors are locked and don't have to stand in the middle of the parking lot beeping your truck.
3. You don't broadcast your code to thieves that do have scanners that easily defeat a "very sophisticated" rolling code.
4. The most important one. You are not the annoying guy beeping his horn.
If that little chirp bothers you, you have problems. I say get rid of the stupid panic button though. Not like anybody even looks when they go off, other than to see what ******* pushed that button.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
If that little chirp bothers you, you have problems. I say get rid of the stupid panic button though. Not like anybody even looks when they go off, other than to see what ******* pushed that button.
Hmm, my horn doesn't chirp. Oh, I see. 3.21. Yes, I guess a chirp would describe it then! 🤣

Yes the thing worse than the horn blaring because someone needs emotional confirmation that thier door is locked would be the "panic" blaring horn that is just there to go off when your hands are full or when your fob is in your pocket with other junk and you sit down.

sbcncsu

Reaction score
My BigHorn did the same thing. I set it to honk on first push of the lock button and had it set that way for a while. After the latest over the air update, I decided to go back to the honk on second press of the button and it works as intended. I think there was a software glitch that the latest radio update corrected. Best of luck to you.
Well, just like that, the horn no longer honks on the second press of the lock button on the fob. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Users who are viewing this thread