5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have been battling an on and off issue with registration verification emails not being sent out with certain users. We have finally got the issue resolved so if you have tried registering for the site but have not received a verification email, just request another verification email when you log in and you should now receive it. If you still don't receive the verification email, send us an email at [email protected] and we will get it resolved for you. Thanks!

Horn beeps twice when I start the truck

Dan22q

Reaction score
Hi, this problem recently started. It happens about half of the time. 2 quick beeps upon starting the truck. 21' Laramie. Google only shows remote start.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine has done the two beeps on remote! start from new. There might be something in the settings to disable it.
If you are talking about starting in cab, then that's a new one.

Grouper

Reaction score
Mine has done the two beeps on remote start from new. There might be something in the settings to disable it.

There is a way to disable the two beeps that occur with remote start. But that is not what the OP is experiencing or asking.

Dan22q

Reaction score
Mine has done the two beeps on remote! start from new. There might be something in the settings to disable it.
If you are talking about starting in cab, then that's a new one.
Yeah, starting in cabin. It's getting annoying. I'll have to dive into the owners manual and see what I can find. Maybe an audible alert to let people know your starting the truck?

Maxx102

Reaction score
Is the truck just doing the two beeps or is it doing more like shutting off right away or are you just looking to disable the beep feature?

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For the very first time in 34 months yesterday, I experienced the two horn beeps when starting the truck. This occurred when my passenger opened the rear door before getting in. Has not done it since.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 051331 miles.

Bmore_Dino

Reaction score
My 21 Rebel is sounding the horn once after I start in the cabin with the push start , people in the parking lot think I’m beeping at them , turned everything off I can think of and dealer has no clue.. help

Users who are viewing this thread