5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hood Paint Bubbling / Rebel Bumpers Peeling

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, at the almost 4 year mark, my front Rebel bumper powdercoat has started to flake off...and no - not rock chips. Like just falling off in large areas... At the same time some bubbles are appearing in the hood paint - Under the full coverage chip guard.

Dealership has stated the Hood paint is covered under warranty and requires a full repaint (known issue he said and includes a rental) , but the powder coated bumpers (known issue as well) MAY not be covered as I'm just past 3 years. However he clearly stated Stellantis knows there is an issue with the early powder coated Rebel bumpers and they have been replacing a LOT of them. My super duper ultra extended warranty - doesn't cover it. Zero. Zip. Nada. Awesome right?

.I asked if they could get it re coated locally - nope - only replacing. Line X? Hard no.

I can only hope someone at the corporate level will step up and authorize a replacement of the bumpers while they do the hood. The dealer is talking about some possible goodwill thing as they are aware of the issue and basically waiting for Stellantis to acknowledge it with some sort of Bulletin. I was planning on keeping this thing until it became one with the Earth again however that new GMC AT4X diesel is starting to look good. Unfortunately if Stellantis tells me to pound salt - likely the last Ram I'll ever buy - and I really like this rig. But principle is principle.

3.5 years old and 71k kms (44k miles)

Lets hope they do the right thing.
Find out Monday.

@RamCares

I just noticed the hood paint at its front edge is bubbling on my 2021 Limited. You're saying that's covered? I recently went over 36K. The warranty doesn't seem to be specific enough about paint coverage aside from paint sealant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back