5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hood heat shield removal

2020GraniteBH

Reaction score
Couldn't find anything in the search about this...Does anyone have any good tips/tricks for removing the heat shield under the hood so I can gain access to the ****ty washer fluid lines they installed on these trucks? Thanks, in advance for your help!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just ordered replacement fasteners. Then they arrived I went to town using trim removal tools. I was mostly able to remove it without creasing it, but it wasn't totally pristine when I was finished. Here's what I used...

Attachments

• Trim removal tools.JPG
    Trim removal tools.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 39

2020GraniteBH

Reaction score
I just ordered replacement fasteners. Then they arrived I went to town using trim removal tools. I was mostly able to remove it without creasing it, but it wasn't totally pristine when I was finished. Here's what I used...
That's what I was debating on doing. Thank you! Did you have issues with the washer lines as well?

2020GraniteBH

Reaction score
No, I needed to replace one of the "vents" on my sport hood.
Gotcha! I'm debating on just ripping the heat shield off and not even replacing it, to be honest, I can't seem to find the part number for those push pins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/