5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hood corners appearing bent downward upon closing/sealing **FIXED/SOLUTION**

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
I am thinking the hood is not actually bent in the front corners by the headlights (I could be wrong) but the closed position is too tight on the corners. I did not see a way to adjust the locking mechanism up down, is this possible? I see the 2 pegs on each front/side that the front corners rest on, they don't look adjustable (yes/no?).

I took ownership of vehicle last day of the month, pretty much at midnight (never purchase in the dark again)!!! I took pictures at the gas station near the dealership because I needed gas to go across Alligator Alley (I-75 here in Florida) and the dealership didn't provide much gas. So you will see the pics at gas station minutes after leaving the dealership from purchase. The body lines felt a little bump in them but they seem more severe (pressed downward) now.

(The RAM in red, white, and blue was me editing/coloring to get an idea how it would look.)

When I press downward slowly on hood just before it locks, it looks flush/even on both sides. This is why I am thinking the corners are too tight upon locking. When you look at the gasket/seal between hood and body/frame it is even in the middle as you go out to each side; then it squishes more on the front corners. I don't see a way to adjust the corners.

I don't slam the hood, I think I may have opened the hood maybe 6 times. Anyone else experiencing this, ideas on fix (before going to dealership)? Damn cold weather down here in Florida has my back/legs killing me...meds making my logic seem like frogic (frost on my logic= frogic...sorry weak cold joke from Florida) so I hop my comments make sense...lol.

Thanks!!!!

Attachments

• 20181201_010055---at gas station just left dealership with new truck.jpg
    20181201_010055---at gas station just left dealership with new truck.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 20181201_010123 RAM RED WHITE BLUE---gas station.jpg
    20181201_010123 RAM RED WHITE BLUE---gas station.jpg
    519.5 KB · Views: 126
  • 20181201_131837--just after purchase.jpg
    20181201_131837--just after purchase.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 125
  • 20181201_131916---passenger side.jpg
    20181201_131916---passenger side.jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 127
  • 20190130_100100---driver side.jpg
    20190130_100100---driver side.jpg
    607.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 20190130_100108---driver side.jpg
    20190130_100108---driver side.jpg
    664.3 KB · Views: 130
  • 20190130_100155---driver side.jpg
    20190130_100155---driver side.jpg
    749.4 KB · Views: 126
  • 20190130_100300---passenger side.jpg
    20190130_100300---passenger side.jpg
    566.6 KB · Views: 114
  • 20190130_100319---passenger side.jpg
    20190130_100319---passenger side.jpg
    512.9 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Misaligned hoods are an easy fix, had the same issue with the wife's Fozzie... it is a quick fix for the dealer.

Are you wearing socks with your crocs down there in Ft Misery? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I'm enjoying not sweating for a change!

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Something seems off by the pics, I haven’t heard of this one yet. Hope you can get a good answer for it. I like the red, white, and blue RAM!;)

MrPooch

Reaction score
Mine had the same issue, just on the driver side though. It was an easy fix - there are 2 adjustment knobs (at least it seems like a knobs?) under the front edge of the hood that you can twist to raise/lower the hood adjustment. 1.5 quick turns for me - everything was lining up as it should.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Gondul, glad to know its a quick fix. I had not seen the socks with sandals or crocs until I was stationed in Germany...lmao....now my other half gets after me because I stole her thick warm Christmas red socks and where those with my big tan slippers!!!

19IIhpb---the plastidip is wearing on me....just might have to pull that off or rather spray it on like the edited pic!!!

MrPooch---thanks!!! I reached under those pegs to see if they adjusted but did not attempt to screw them...lmao...told ya I am a little off today.....will give this a shot---much appreciated!!!

MrPooch

Reaction score
Gondul, glad to know its a quick fix. I had not seen the socks with sandals or crocs until I was stationed in Germany...lmao....now my other half gets after me because I stole her thick warm Christmas red socks and where those with my big tan slippers!!!

19IIhpb---the plastidip is wearing on me....just might have to pull that off or rather spray it on like the edited pic!!!

MrPooch---thanks!!! I reached under those pegs to see if they adjusted but did not attempt to screw them...lmao...told ya I am a little off today.....will give this a shot---much appreciated!!!

No problem - just note there are 4 pegs across the front, as far as I know the two closer to the middle of the hood are adjustable. The other two I could not find any way to change them.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am thinking the hood is not actually bent in the front corners by the headlights (I could be wrong) but the closed position is too tight on the corners. I did not see a way to adjust the locking mechanism up down, is this possible? I see the 2 pegs on each front/side that the front corners rest on, they don't look adjustable (yes/no?).

I took ownership of vehicle last day of the month, pretty much at midnight (never purchase in the dark again)!!! I took pictures at the gas station near the dealership because I needed gas to go across Alligator Alley (I-75 here in Florida) and the dealership didn't provide much gas. So you will see the pics at gas station minutes after leaving the dealership from purchase. The body lines felt a little bump in them but they seem more severe (pressed downward) now.

(The RAM in red, white, and blue was me editing/coloring to get an idea how it would look.)

When I press downward slowly on hood just before it locks, it looks flush/even on both sides. This is why I am thinking the corners are too tight upon locking. When you look at the gasket/seal between hood and body/frame it is even in the middle as you go out to each side; then it squishes more on the front corners. I don't see a way to adjust the corners.

I don't slam the hood, I think I may have opened the hood maybe 6 times. Anyone else experiencing this, ideas on fix (before going to dealership)? **** cold weather down here in Florida has my back/legs killing me...meds making my logic seem like frogic (frost on my logic= frogic...sorry weak cold joke from Florida) so I hop my comments make sense...lol.

Thanks!!!!
Definitely not right but an easy adjustment.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
I have made some adjustments and it looks much better. I will go at the screws again with better lighting outside tomorrow.

I have posted this picture from the driver's side to distinguish the difference as noted by MrPooch. the SCREW knob/peg next to the yellow windshield washer cap (left side picture) are the correct peg(s) that you can adjust accordingly. You will be able to clearly see the passenger side SCREW knob as it is the same as the one noted in the picture just on the passenger side. The PEG black cylinder(s) to the far right (with the delmonico red paint color showing) in the picture do not adjust.

Thank you everyone for your help. Thanks again MrPooch I obviously looked right passed the SCREW knobs this morning!!!

Attachments

• 20190130_184242--SCREW KNOB AND BLACK PLASTIC CYLINDER.jpg
    20190130_184242--SCREW KNOB AND BLACK PLASTIC CYLINDER.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 72
  • 20190130_184254--SCREW KNOB.jpg
    20190130_184254--SCREW KNOB.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 68

pensfan

Reaction score
I've looked at 100's of these trucks on dealer lots. I have seen this problem on at least 2/3 of those trucks. The left fender sits higher than the hood. It is never a problem with the right fender.
Makes me wonder why the factory hasn't caught the problem yet or do they even care.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As I look across your front, it looks like fender alignment issues, not the hood. Both fenders appear to be high just above the headlight. Wider gaps where it meets the hood, yet tighter around the headlight on the sides.

Users who are viewing this thread