5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hood Bezel removal

tdokmo

Reaction score
Can anyone help on how the sport hood bezel is removed ? Changing mine to black lettering, and trying to avoid any damage removing it.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 115

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
The whole plastic piece needs to be removed and switched with a Rebel version. the piece clips in and front what I gather it breaks upon removal if you were looking to reuse down the line.

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got them off. There is adhesive on the back side and it's very sticky. Just heat it up quite a bit with a heat gun or blow dryer and use a plastic trim tool to slowly pry it off. You'll bugger the adhesive (or at least I did) and need to remove it and replace with some 3m mounting tape off you want to paint them and reuse. Otherwise toss them. I don't think they're available individually though.... It only comes as one big piece last time I checked.

bowes884

Reaction score
I think tdokmo was referring to removing the entire bezel, not just the emblems on the bezel. I too am looking to do the same thing but it seems this clips into the hood. 28503 28504

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I saw someone on here had removed theirs entirely and the hood was still down. I’ll have to see if I can find that photo again.

Herbsram

Reaction score
Need more info on this if anyone has it please. The hood "bezel" is very difficult to remove. Thanks in advence

Gr1091

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck in removing the whole bezel? I tried removing the hood heat shield underneath in hopes I’d have access to all the clips but I could only see the 4 in the middle so no luck there.

Grouper

Reaction score
It's not as bad as one might expect. Just go slow and I'd recommend using fairly rigid plastic pry tools that have a good curved "pry" end. I used some painters tape to protect the hood.

I pried free the outside corners first and then as far back toward the center of the hood as I could comfortably reach using the pry tools. Once it was free on both ends, I pretty much just lifted the bezel the rest of the way to release the remaining clips toward the center of the hood.

You just have to lift until the clips fail or break free. You can see that some of the clips shattered or broke and some were still intact in the hood.

If you need for me to elaborate on how to install the replacement bezel, I suggest you put down the pry tools and walk away from your vehicle. :)

Bezel (1).jpg

Bezel (2).jpg

Bezel (3).jpg

Bezel (4).jpg

Bezel (5).jpg

Bezel (6).jpg

Bezel (8).jpg

Bezel (9).jpg

Bezel (10).jpg

Bezel (11).jpg

Last edited:

KY2021Laramie

Reaction score
It's not as bad as one might expect. Just go slow and I'd recommend using fairly rigid plastic pry tools that have a good curved "pry" end. I used some painters tape to protect the hood.

I pried free the outside corners first and then as far back toward the center of the hood as I could comfortably reach using the pry tools. Once it was free on both ends, I pretty much just lifted the bezel the rest of the way to release the remaining clips toward the center of the hood.

You just have to lift until the clips fail or break free. You can see that some of the clips shattered or broke and some were still intact in the hood.

If you need for me to elaborate on how to install the replacement bezel, I suggest you put down the pry tools and walk away from your vehicle. :)

View attachment 79809

View attachment 79808

View attachment 79810

View attachment 79811

View attachment 79812

View attachment 79813

View attachment 79815

View attachment 79816

View attachment 79817

View attachment 79818
I love the color of your truck.

PeteD

Reaction score

View attachment 79809

View attachment 79808

View attachment 79810

View attachment 79811

View attachment 79812

View attachment 79813

View attachment 79815

View attachment 79816

View attachment 79817

View attachment 79818
Thank you. This is exactly what I needed to see. I was worried about denting the hood with a pry tool. I thought maybe going in under the hood and clipping off the ends of the clips but someone else posted they are not all exposed.

Users who are viewing this thread