5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Honks when turning accessory on

Huncho

Reaction score
As title suggests I have a 2020 Ram Laramie that I bought used. I have the honk on auto start feature off but it still honks when turning accessories on. Any way to remove it?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Are you talking about remote start? I don't know what you mean by it auto on accessories. As far as I know it always honks when you do the remote start. And there's no way to turn it off.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Are you talking about remote start? I don't know what you mean by it auto on accessories. As far as I know it always honks when you do the remote start. And there's no way to turn it off.
You can turn off the honk on remote start through menu option. But not sure what he is talking about with accessoriesm

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not on mine.
Did you add remote start after the fact? If so, make sure to enable CustSetMenu 1: Sound Horn with Remote Start CSM Present so you have the radio setting to toggle the remote start honk on or off.

Huncho

Reaction score
Did you add remote start after the fact? If so, make sure to enable CustSetMenu 1: Sound Horn with Remote Start CSM Present so you have the radio setting to toggle the remote start honk on or off.
No it came with the truck.

Huncho

Reaction score
it does it when I turn accessories on or when I press the push button start after remote starting and it does it every time. So it’s very annoying in the parking lot when people think I’m honking at them.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
it does it when I turn accessories on or when I press the push button start after remote starting and it does it every time. So it’s very annoying in the parking lot when people think I’m honking at them.
Oh, so you are saying when you get into the truck, after remote starting, and push the start button it honks? Are there any warning lights, or messages, on the dash?

Sounds like maybe it's the indication that someone set off security.

Huncho

Reaction score
Oh, so you are saying when you get into the truck, after remote starting, and push the start button it honks? Are there any warning lights, or messages, on the dash?

Sounds like maybe it's the indication that someone set off security.
Not just remote start. Even when turning the car on with the engine off

Huncho

Reaction score
I’ll post a video today after work. Just hoping I can get pointed in the right direction.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Could always unhook the horns until you get it figured out

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Really hard to tell what you're doing in the video. But can you explain what you're doing? Is it remote started and then you're trying to start it afterwards? If it's remote started why you holding the button down for so long?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Really hard to tell what you're doing in the video. But can you explain what you're doing? Is it remote started and then you're trying to start it afterwards? If it's remote started why you holding the button down for so long?
Turn volume up, he isn't holding the button, just looks like it

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's honking when you push it once for accessory mode? That is not normal on mine either.

Users who are viewing this thread