5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Honestly - who has changed there mind on the appearance of the 5th gen ram!

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Ram is still probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite exterior look. But the interior.... oh yeah, it can't be beaten.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The first time I saw the new ram, it was on this video.

I said, I gotta get that one. That one in particular. All black. And that’s exactly what I did. If anything, I keep liking the look even more everyday. I can’t tell you how many people have lowered their window and looked at my truck while I’m driving. Guys at gas stations saying, “is that the new Ram? Looks mean with all black yet beautiful.”

Attachments

• 3952C9E3-FA34-4630-A9D1-BEC5E5792DE7.jpeg
    3952C9E3-FA34-4630-A9D1-BEC5E5792DE7.jpeg
    517.8 KB · Views: 10

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
The first time I saw the new ram, it was on this video.

I said, I gotta get that one. That one in particular. All black. And that’s exactly what I did. If anything, I keep liking the look even more everyday. I can’t tell you how many people have lowered their window and looked at my truck while I’m driving. Guys at gas stations saying, “is that the new Ram? Looks mean with all black yet beautiful.”

Yeah the black appearance Laramie is the best as far as looks and options go but the wheels just threw me off so i settled for the Lone Star because all black wheels are a must have for me, and i just couldn't justify swapping out the premium wheels they come with, i felt like a Laramie Model with all black wheels might look "off" and i didn't want to get a truck i wasn't 100% in love with at time of purchase....

Been down that road a 1000 times, and while luckily whatever RAM improvements i made i was ALWAYS happy with, i wasn't gonna chance it on this new body style,

i even "photoshopped one to try to see how'd it look, but with the fender flares i just couldn't bring myself to do it, but i'm still on the lookout, i got a great deal on my Lone Star so i still might do it if this Uconnect without NAV continues to be this thorn in my side : ) : )

larmie black wheels.png

Last edited:

geotex1

Reaction score
After owning the truck for almost a month now I am liking it more and more, however I think they should have made the metal inserts on the door entry either embossed with Ram or something, that is the only part of the truck that I have found to be missing a little more attention to detail or styling.

You can buy the customized sill plates now as one of the 200+ Mopar accessories for the 2019.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do question why they didn’t go with black trim around the center infotainment. Guess they wanted it to pop out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dgulia

Reaction score
I have to say that it has grown on me with time.

robbiele

Reaction score
I have to say that 5th gen design had to grow on me with the exterior. I do really like it now. Also, I liked the original front design as well. (Not sure which I like better now) However, the older I get, the more important the interior is and nobody compares to the ram interior.

Users who are viewing this thread