5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holy Sh!t! No bolts in Driver's seat!

Andoskyy

Reaction score
2019 Limited November Build

Noticed a little shifting in my driver's seat when taking turns, so inspected a little closer. NO BOLTS HOLDING THE SEAT DOWN!!

Not loose, not improperly torqued...the two rear bolts simply not there!

Pretty dangerous! Probably fine in an accident with the seat belts independently mounted but still....Holy quality control....

Attachments

• 20190305_184946.jpg
    20190305_184946.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very concerning. Say what you will about new model year, all manufacturers have issues, etc., etc., etc. This is a complete lack of QC and Chrysler is world famous for bad quality. Just saying....

Last edited:

Andoskyy

Reaction score
Very concerning. Say what you will about new model year, all manufacturers have issues, etc., etc., etc. This is a complete lack of QC and Chrysler is world famous for bad quality. Just saying....

Agreed. I'm generally not too bothered with little things, but this is unacceptable.

Will definitely be making some kind of formal complaint to FCA.

It won't do anything, but feel like I need to.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really like my truck so I’ve been pretty forgiving on some of the quality issues, like poor panel fit-up, intermittent humming, vibrating, etc., but some things are pretty hard to ignore. I think the design is stellar, but some of the execution leaves a lot to be desired. Not installing bolts, like you said, is unacceptable. Purchasing a brand new vehicle, no matter how much it costs, should come with a reasonable expectation that the seat Is bolted in!

Last edited:

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very Serious...Not Funny Situation...but I could not help myself, I laughed because you said you noticed "some" shifting...THAT VIDEO SAYS IT ALL!!!! Most Def...Report that to someone other than FCA. Better yet, delete this post, gently run that thing into a wall, have your wife slap you around a little bit to make it look like you ate the steering wheel, then hire a lawyer!!!!

Andoskyy

Reaction score
Very Serious...Not Funny Situation...but I could not help myself, I laughed because you said you noticed "some" shifting...THAT VIDEO SAYS IT ALL!!!! Most Def...Report that to someone other than FCA. Better yet, delete this post, gently run that thing into a wall, have your wife slap you around a little bit to make it look like you ate the steering wheel, then hire a lawyer!!!!

Haha, I can see that, but with weight in the seat, it certainly isn't that drastic.

Can't even imagine the lawsuit they'd face...

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I read on the news today that American Airlines and Southwest recently filed lawsuits against their mechanics unions. The airlines accuse the unions of using the inspection process as bargaining leverage to tag planes as "maintenance required" and thus purposefully grounding many more planes than normal. The airlines say the number of grounded planes spiked significantly after the last rounds of contract talks failed and is costing millions of dollars from cancelled flights.

Is there any chance the UAW union is monkey'ing around towards some end like the airline union?

Truckin

Reaction score
They should be able to determine who the lazy clown was that left them out and hold him/her accountable....Hopefully it was just a case of carelessness and not something more devious...

Something else to add to 'The Delivery Checklist'...

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good call, will do that tomorrow
I concur that you need to contact NHTSA. I would also let FCA know that you are doing it as this is completely unacceptable. This isn't forgetting to install a sunroof drain it's a serious safety issue. FCA hands down has the worst quality control in the industry.

RAMRhode

Reaction score
2019 Limited January Build

Noticed a little shifting in my driver's seat when taking turns, so inspected a little closer. NO BOLTS HOLDING THE SEAT DOWN!!

Not loose, not improperly torqued...the two rear bolts simply not there!

Pretty dangerous! Probably fine in an accident with the seat belts independently mounted but still....Holy quality control....
What is your truck build date?

whododat

Reaction score
I would also call FCA and report it. Let them at least initiate a case number for it. I am sure your truck is probably not the only one.

Gtbrown

Reaction score
Yikes! I'm taking delivery of my Limited today......this is being added to my checklist. Thank you for sharing!

RAMRhode

Reaction score
Just checked mine. All bolts in place! I agree though, a formal complaint should be made to FCA and to NHSTA.gov.

Users who are viewing this thread