5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holy Sh!t! No bolts in Driver's seat!

simplelife

Reaction score
Just checked mine. It seems I only have one bolt for the four corners. I attached the pictures I’ve taken. Only the rear right corner has the bolt. Am I missing the other three? Could you guys share what yours look like?
a7990c96-524d-4fe3-b4f9-ec1479b507e9-jpeg.21736
21738 21739 21741

Attachments

• A7990C96-524D-4FE3-B4F9-EC1479B507E9.jpeg
    A7990C96-524D-4FE3-B4F9-EC1479B507E9.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 103

W9MCP

Reaction score
I have a Limited and am doing this from memory just from when I was looking for places to mount a ham radio display.

I don’t think several of the holes are seat securing bolt holes on top for most of the seat configurations (in terms of keeping the seat in place). There’s a bolt on the side of the rail that actually attaches the rail down to the lower assembly, for most of the corners, as I remember seeing them and trying to determine if I could slide a mount attachment point between the bolted pieces. I believe the ‘inwardmost’ rear connection point of the front seats is a vertical bolt into the subfloor but I think the alternate corners have a sideway bolt, and the holes on top are for a variety of different cable harness retention points, etc. I know on at least my passenger seat the top rail holes were either unpopulated or unthreaded and just had a cable retention snap in place.

Should be different between seat configs between trims, resulting in unused holes. I’ll have to look at mine, but I don’t even think there’s any threaded fitting beneath the hole on the top of the rail on multiple corners for a bolt to go into. My seats are absolutely rigid with no play.

Andoskyy

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread