5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HK speaker wire diagram/colors

midlb9

Reaction score
I am trying to find the wire colors of the rear door speakers and/or the subwoofer. I am adding an aftermarket subwoofer and I need something to tap into. I will most likely tap into the wire at the amplifier, but there are about 100 wires coming out of it so I have no idea which ones are the right ones. I know I can remove the rear cover and pull out the subwoofer and tap in there, but I would really like that to be a last resort, coming right from the amp is much easier for my install.

Pep_594

Reaction score
Do I tap the wires before amp or after the amp
Did you ever get a answer to this? I have the same question. Could you use the speaker wires from the amplified subwoofer. Gray and brown (t) and dark green and brown (-) to connect to the line output converter?

Christhom5586

Reaction score
I am having a huge problem I had a rca convertor hooked up in my 2019 dodge ram big horn ... i just have speakers in the doors no factory sub.... but when I have my windows up I'm getting this really bad feedback which makes my after market subs go crazy.... are you suppose to hook up the rca convertor to the wires that come from the radio to the amp or after the amp the wires that hook to the speakers

motionaudo01

Reaction score
I am having a huge problem I had a rca convertor hooked up in my 2019 dodge ram big horn ... i just have speakers in the doors no factory sub.... but when I have my windows up I'm getting this really bad feedback which makes my after market subs go crazy.... are you suppose to hook up the rca convertor to the wires that come from the radio to the amp or after the amp the wires that hook to the speakers
You need to bypass the OEM Active Noise Cancellation. Use the PAC ANC-CH01

Twkrider2

Reaction score
Did you ever get a answer to this? I have the same question. Could you use the speaker wires from the amplified subwoofer. Gray and brown (t) and dark green and brown (-) to connect to the line output converter?
Did you ever get an answer?

pdickerson81

Reaction score
For a sub you can tap the wires right at the anc under the drivers seat. Couldn’t be easier. Diagram below
I have a 2020 Ram 1500, it does not have the premium harmon/alpine system in it. Im trying to add an Amp for subwoofers and going to use line out converter am I'm looking for a central location to access rear speaker wires. Is this the same diagram or is there another one I can find? I'm only needing speaker wires for right and left, (+ & -) door speakers

saylor

Reaction score
u need the chrysler anc bypass then u steal the wires off that and dont hack the OEM harness

ejfoulks

Reaction score
I'm Looking at doing this on a 2019 and 2020 ram limited both have the HK system in them. the 19 does not have ANC the 20 does. I already installed the system in the 20 but the wires i tapped are not allowing me to control the volume to the subs from the head unit only by bass knob. I used an ANC bypass harness and thats where i tapped for the rear + & - wires. Did i tap the wrong wires or should have i tapped in after the AMP? I'm using a JL Audio LOC22 to send my signal to the amp. t

I tapped the Green/Blue and Green/Orange wires. form the diagram.

Users who are viewing this thread