5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hitch mount bed step?

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
with all due respect I'm a little confused here. Aside from the hitch step I recommended which can be used with tailgate up and down, all other posts here show a hitch step that once the tailgate is deployed is useless. ??
I don’t need a step to get into the bed of my truck. I just climb in once the tailgate is down. I use my step to stand above my bed cover to push the latch closed.

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
with all due respect I'm a little confused here. Aside from the hitch step I recommended which can be used with tailgate up and down, all other posts here show a hitch step that once the tailgate is deployed is useless. ??
You should never be confused with why your needs don't line up with others......I don't need my hitch step when my tailgate is down cuz it's a hitch step not a bed step. It's sole purpose is to prevent me from scratching my bumper if I need to climb into my bed when the tailgate is up (typically when my Mountain bike is over the tailgate. Saying a hitch is useless because you can't use it in a situation that it is not designed for is like saying why did you buy a side step, it is useless when you climb in from the tailgate.......

HoosierTrooper

Reaction score
Added this Carr folding hitch step to save a little wear and tear on me and the bumper for times I have to climb in the bed with the MFT open. Has a red reflector when closed, and it might help if someone rolls into the back of the truck.

DSCN9889.JPG DSCN9890.JPG

Jeet

Reaction score
I got following:
TGL Step Hitch.jpg

Keeps bumper protected when i back into a wall or other object ;), can be use to tie down heavy load, and also keeps other driver away who is tailgating or parking behind me.

19_Limited

Reaction score
I have this
I’ve barely used it as a step but more for protection as I live in Chicago (I park in a garage) but when I do somewhere and have to street park

Attachments

• AF195F35-15A2-43ED-9C21-023ACB81AE03.png
    AF195F35-15A2-43ED-9C21-023ACB81AE03.png
    160 KB · Views: 17

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
Added this Carr folding hitch step to save a little wear and tear on me and the bumper for times I have to climb in the bed with the MFT open. Has a red reflector when closed, and it might help if someone rolls into the back of the truck.

View attachment 55202 View attachment 55203
I have the same but black, no reflector. I think it's great for it's purpose. I got rear ended at a traffic light w' zero damage so it definitely helps to protect the backend....

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/