5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hiss from under the rear seats

cbecra1

Reaction score
What could cause a hissing type sound under moderate to heavy acceleration that comes from the rear seat area? Is that an e-torque thing.? I have the back seats flipped up for the first time which is why i think i heard it...just curious what it could be. It feels fine, just makes that hiss.

Also as it relates to sounds, i also get a quick high pitch sqeal only when restarting the truck after it had recently been driven (cold starts no issue) Its inverse to normal belt issues that resolve when warmed up. Is this another etorque type characteristic related to generator mechanism?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What could cause a hissing type sound under moderate to heavy acceleration that comes from the rear seat area? Is that an e-torque thing.? I have the back seats flipped up for the first time which is why i think i heard it...just curious what it could be. It feels fine, just makes that hiss.

Also as it relates to sounds, i also get a quick high pitch sqeal only when restarting the truck after it had recently been driven (cold starts no issue) Its inverse to normal belt issues that resolve when warmed up. Is this another etorque type characteristic related to generator mechanism?

We certainly understand why this would be concerning, cbecra1. If you end up addressing this with your dealer, please know that our team is just a PM away and more than happy to provide assistance.

Mark
RamCares

Wakesnowb

Reaction score

There are a few threads on here about noise coming from the back of the cab. Seems to mostly be related to the air vent opening behind the back seats. People have constructed some pretty interesting things to reduce the air vent noise. Supposedly you can check this by pressing the recirculate inside air only button on the dash to see if the noise goes away. Mopar also used to install a horizontal seal on the bottom between the bed and the cab however they stopped installing that in Sept. '18. Many people have installed it as aftermarket part and it has greatly reduced the road noise. I do not have that piece on my truck but also for whatever reason the noise seems not so bad. Just some things to think about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online