5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hints for replacing glove box light?

AZHUND

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully replaced the glove box light with an LED? I was able to push out the halogen easily, but could not figure out how to contort my hand to put in the LED to replace it...

Also in the process I lost the replacement bulb somewhere in the gap back there, so also trying to figure out how to disassemble that part of the dash/side but google seems to only have information on 4th gens. Overall not my most successful attempt at changing a light bulb.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
the whole lower glove box light switch module is removable, with plastic trim tool to pry around and pull toward you. Now for the missing bulb somewhere in there, have you tried to remove the lower glove box out to look around inside that area yet?

AZHUND

Reaction score
the whole lower glove box light switch module is removable, with plastic trim tool to pry around and pull toward you. Now for the missing bulb somewhere in there, have you tried to remove the lower glove box out to look around inside that area yet?
Thanks - I should have realized that was a module since there was some play in it. New bulb is in and works good, other bulb is lost in the abyss down there - removed various panels with no bulb in sight so hoping it just shakes itself free and falls out...

Users who are viewing this thread