5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hill Descent Control

Kdixer

Reaction score
TSB Number 08-042-21
Flash BCM for inop. HDC.
Thank you for this info. I called my dealer and gave them this number. They scheduled my appointment and now the system is working. My brand new truck is finally 100% functional.

Still blows my mind they would send trucks to dealerships / customers knowing an advertised feature does not work.

2powerwgns

Reaction score
I don't know about in the Ram, but in the LR3 if I recall correctly it only deals with braking (so if it is on and you get to a hill you need to step on the accelerator...). I've used it infrequently, but when I have it has been nice (creeping down long icy downhills, or steep gravel offroad). Unless you are pushing it traction wise due to the "road" surface conditions you'll likely never use it. Also note it is really only for slow speeds.

George_RAM

Reaction score
I used HDC yesterday on an icy rutted long downhill and can report it worked really well. The hill is long and steep truck would start to slide and the HDC would catch it in a blink. Also the e locker is awesome getting back up the hill no problem.
Hi could you please explain how you engaged the HDC?

drpaul41

Reaction score
Can HDC be added to 2021 Ram 1500 Lone Star with 2wd? I added this feature to my 17 F150 and used it more than I thought it would. If so what parts and or programming is involved?
Thanks,
Paul

BenJedi

Reaction score
Anyone had a possible problem with the button on hdc? When I depress it the light doesn’t come on nor do I see any indication or light in instrument cluster that it was. On the same note when I press the engine auto start off button it doesn’t illuminate either. It’s a 2021 ram
Did you figure out what the problem is? I have the same issue on my 22 ram 2500. Brand-new truck and the button for Hill descent doesn't work and no HDC lights on dash. It's been to the dealer 3 times and they can't get it to work. Any information.is appreciated. Thank you!!

BenJedi

Reaction score
Well my switch assembly finally came in. Took over 2 months. And....as others have reported...it did not fix the issue.
Did you ever get a fix for your HDC? I'm in the same boat. Please update!

Night Rebel

Reaction score
I’ve used it going down steep small rock terrain. Works great. You just use the + or - to set your speed.

Users who are viewing this thread