5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hill Descent Control

Renas69

Reaction score
Anyone had a possible problem with the button on hdc? When I depress it the light doesn’t come on nor do I see any indication or light in instrument cluster that it was. On the same note when I press the engine auto start off button it doesn’t illuminate either. It’s a 2021 ram
Same trouble with mine, same year
Did you resolved the problem on yours?
I just come fro dealer for 2nd time, today they change the switch but still the same, not working
Let me know if you resolved yours
Thanks

Reaction score
Same trouble with mine, same year
Did you resolved the problem on yours?
I just come fro dealer for 2nd time, today they change the switch but still the same, not working
Let me know if you resolved yours
Thanks

Mine has been in three times already. They replaced the shift module the last time, which includes the Hill Descent control button. No change. It’s going back in for a fourth time this week.

Kdixer

Reaction score
Mine has been in three times already. They replaced the shift module the last time, which includes the Hill Descent control button. No change. It’s going back in for a fourth time this week.
Any update on the dealer resolving your issue?

I have been waiting on my new shifter switch assembly to come in for nearly 2 months. Will be really disappointed if it does not resolve the issue

Reaction score
Any update on the dealer resolving your issue?

I have been waiting on my new shifter switch assembly to come in for nearly 2 months. Will be really disappointed if it does not resolve the issue

They are now swaying they need to write software to flash the truck’s computer. So waiting for FCA to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KMach

Reaction score
I can also confirm my 21 ram HDC doesnt work. A quick search in DealerConnect and there is an open STARCASE and FCA is aware. The release date is actually dated for tomorrow, 2/19/21. Sounds like a solution (flash) will be out late 1st quarter.

Reaction score
I can also confirm my 21 ram HDC doesnt work. A quick search in DealerConnect and there is an open STARCASE and FCA is aware. The release date is actually dated for tomorrow, 2/19/21. Sounds like a solution (flash) will be out late 1st quarter.

When you say release date, are you referring to the date the flash will be released?

KMach

Reaction score
When you say release date, are you referring to the date the flash will be released?

No. The release date for the STARCASE was actually dated for today. That states the fix wont be until late 1st quarter. I would assume engineering is working on a flash.

Bobcatthecat

Reaction score
Anyone had a possible problem with the button on hdc? When I depress it the light doesn’t come on nor do I see any indication or light in instrument cluster that it was. On the same note when I press the engine auto start off button it doesn’t illuminate either. It’s a 2021 ram
I have the same problem on my '21 rebel. The local dealership where I'm at mentioned that it seems to work on the trucks that don't have the 4wd auto feature. Does your truck have the 4wd auto or just the 4wd lock. They have tried 5 trucks with 4wd auto and none of them worked. All of them were 2021. On the trucks that theve tried that do not have the 4wd auto feature, they all worked (10 in total) they have there mechanics looking into it and they said that fca have there engineers looking into it.

Reaction score
I have the same problem on my '21 rebel. The local dealership where I'm at mentioned that it seems to work on the trucks that don't have the 4wd auto feature. Does your truck have the 4wd auto or just the 4wd lock. They have tried 5 trucks with 4wd auto and none of them worked. All of them were 2021. On the trucks that theve tried that do not have the 4wd auto feature, they all worked (10 in total) they have there mechanics looking into it and they said that fca have there engineers looking into it.

I don’t have 4WD Auto and mine doesn’t work.

Kdixer

Reaction score
My 21 Rebel does not have 4wd auto either.

Crazy that this many trucks made it thru quality control with an advertised feature not working.

Amazing93

Reaction score
I just checked and mine works. Built 6/19 Laramie w off road package and auto 4×4.

Last edited:

Kdixer

Reaction score
Well my switch assembly finally came in. Took over 2 months. And....as others have reported...it did not fix the issue.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have never had an opportunity to try my hill descent control because I don't have any hills steep enough for it to engage.

Last edited:

dearchristopher

Reaction score
ive used it once, in the hills of arkansas near eureka springs. it works well enough. had to put it in 4low to get it to engage, and i was impressed by it. i doubt i’ll need to use it again for a good while, its mostly flat in setx.

here’s a vid i uploaded of using it. not much to see other than the speed i set it at, and it holding said speed. no brakes, no gas, worked well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kdixer

Reaction score
Finally got mine fixed today. A TSB has been issued, which requires a flash. All fixed. Only took 3 months........

Any idea what the tsb # is so we can steer our local dealers in the right direction?

bvigne01

Reaction score
Intresting to see. I had the same issue with mine not working. I thought it was me. Haven't been anywhere to need to try it again. I may need to ask about the flash.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i just took delivery of my truck and tried it out on my driveway... lame i know. well it worked. 4 low, parking brake off (it would say unavailable if it was on), and then adjust the speed with gear limit buttons. it was pretty cool.

Users who are viewing this thread