5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Highway Tires On A Rebel?

ryco25

Reaction score
I'm curious about your driving style. I think you said you had under 30k on your Duratracs and they already looked like they needed to be replaced? I'm at 28k and mine still look great, like I'll get at least 50k out of them. I assume your burnout pic was just smoking off the old rubber before installing the new ones. But do you normally run your tires below recommended pressure, or have other driving conditions that would cause yours to wear out so much faster than mine seem to be?
Fair question - yeah burnout was definitely a just because I was getting new ones haha. Always kept my tires at the right pressure, probably 60/40 highway and city driving. Probably taken it on ~500 miles of 'spirited' driving on windy roads which would account for the edges getting more worn down, but otherwise just normal driving at the right pressures and as far as I knew, proper alignment. Perhaps I just got a set of tires from a weaker compound batch...who knows. New ones are doing well, though.

antwon412

Reaction score
Have any of you Rebel owners bought Falken Wildpeak A/T tires? The Jeep Gladiator Rubicon I test drove with the 33" Falken's had much less tire noise than the Rebel I test drove back to back.
I have 35 inch Wildpeak AT3s. I’m very happy with them. Quieter than the Duratracs were. I’ve gone off roaxing with them a bit and they were pretty good. Not too great in the mud which should be obvious since they are not a mud tire. I was slipping and sliding all over the place.

additionally, my wild peaks that I bought aftermarket, while named the same thing as the spare are a different tread pattern. The stock spare tire looks much more like a straight tire compared to an all-terrain.

jeepfoamer

Reaction score
And those that are (cough General Grabber AT cough) are garbage.
I have run the General Grabber AT2's on the last 2 of my SUV's, both of which did some serious mileage (primarily highway) . This last set on my Jeep is about to roll 100k miles on them and they still sit with 11 or 12/32" of tread. My results won't be everyone else's but I certainly will run them again. Possibly on my '21 Rebel when the time comes to get rid of the stock tires. I have never been a fan of the Goodyear Wrangler tires, some of the noisiest I've had.

my .02

billyraff

Reaction score
I love my 21 rebel but I do a ton of highway driving. Thinking about going with an All Terrain or smoother tire but staying stock sizing. Can you guys send some recommendations and pictures of what you’ve done. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread