5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Highway Speed Performance

bigrodent

Reaction score
I have the Laramie with the ORG and Air Suspension. At speeds under 50 it is the nicest ride I have ever felt. This is part of the reason I bought the truck. However, on a recent long highway trip I noticed that as I got to higher speeds things weren't going so well. The suspension seemed to stiffen up and the bumps started to really affect the ride. In the high 60s, things got worse. At first I thought it was the transition to Aero Mode but even after that on certain roads it would get in this pattern that was making everyone sea sick. What happened to my air ride? It had this almost rhythmic bouncing to it from the seams in the road. It was simply awful, rather than absorbing them it was over reacting to them.

I would think that as you lower the truck (to a certain point) the bags would be softer and the ride would be better. But it felt to me that the truck actually stiffened up and worsened the ride quality quite dramatically. I wish I had played a bit more with the settings on this trip but I didn't think it was totally due to Aero Mode ride height only. I want to say that even in Normal mode at higher speeds it was the same story. Are there other things going on at higher speeds that would cause this?

Thanks.

alanstahl

Reaction score
I have the Laramie with the ORG and Air Suspension. At speeds under 50 it is the nicest ride I have ever felt. This is part of the reason I bought the truck. However, on a recent long highway trip I noticed that as I got to higher speeds things weren't going so well. The suspension seemed to stiffen up and the bumps started to really affect the ride. In the high 60s, things got worse. At first I thought it was the transition to Aero Mode but even after that on certain roads it would get in this pattern that was making everyone sea sick. What happened to my air ride? It had this almost rhythmic bouncing to it from the seams in the road. It was simply awful, rather than absorbing them it was over reacting to them.

I would think that as you lower the truck (to a certain point) the bags would be softer and the ride would be better. But it felt to me that the truck actually stiffened up and worsened the ride quality quite dramatically. I wish I had played a bit more with the settings on this trip but I didn't think it was totally due to Aero Mode ride height only. I want to say that even in Normal mode at higher speeds it was the same story. Are there other things going on at higher speeds that would cause this?

Thanks.
Don't have that problem, time to bring it in to be checked.

Users who are viewing this thread